The Lorex LH3381001 Edge2 8-Channel Standalone Security DVR (1 TB) is a Linux-based surveillance solution for users looking for professional performance in a compact package. This DVR supports recording of video feeds on all 8 channels at resolutions up to 352 x 240 (NTSC).
Pentaplex operation in this DVR ensures smooth and efficient operation even while simultaneously dealing with live viewing, recording, playback viewing, backup, and remote access functions. H.264 compression technology allows you to save on storage space while also minimizing the bandwidth requirement for operations.
Multiple recording modes like motion detection, schedule, continuous, and manual recording allow you to easily configure your security system to record based on your requirements. Triple Touch technology lets you use a touch-screen monitor, front panel light touch buttons, or your smartphone or tablet to navigate through the DVR's versatile functionality. Additionally, built-in PTZ camera protocols allow easy control over your camera network.
The Swipe-to-Switch features lets you monitor and quickly switch between live feeds from the various cameras in circulation. You can quickly locate a specific video clip with multi-channel second by second preview using the intuitive search option. Plus, the DVR's covert camera functionality lets you prevent regular users from watching feeds from cameras positioned in sensitive areas.
The Lorex Easy Connect Internet Set-Up Wizard helps you to effortlessly configure your DVR for connection to a network. Thanks to free DDNS support, setting up a remote connection is quick and easy. You can even monitor your premises or control the DVR when you’re away via your iPhone, BlackBerry, or any other 3G smartphone. In addition, the DVR can be set up to send instant email alerts with snapshot attachments and web links to avoid conditions that could result in system down time.
For backup or transfer, videos can be easily exported to a flash memory device connected to the DVR’s USB port. You can view video feeds remotely or even access the DVR functions using a compatible web browser on your Windows PC.
- 8-Channel Operation
- Embedded Linux operating system for secure and reliable operation
- H.264 compression for reduced storage and bandwidth requirements
- Records at resolutions up to 352 x 240 (NTSC)
- Pentaplex operation allows for smooth operation of tasks such as view, record, playback, back up, and remotely control the system simultaneously
- Multiple record modes like continuous, scheduled, manual, etc.
- 1 TB pre-installed hard drive with 24/7 100% duty cycle
- Record continuously for weeks or months with motion-activated recording
- Compatible with PC and Mac systems with an included software
- Network Connectivity
- Easy connect Internet setup wizard for simple installation process and user convenience
- Free DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Service) for advanced remote connectivity at all times
- Offers access to data over a network via a Windows PC and Mac system with the included software
- Keep in touch with your world with mobile connectivity via your iPhone, BlackBerry, or other 3G smartphone devices
- Instant email alerts with snapshot attachments and web links
- Additional Features
- High-definition HDMI port for live viewing on a HD display
- Finger-tip operation via a touch-screen monitor, front panel touch buttons or smartphones and tablets
- Dedicated iPad app for multi-channel live viewing, playback, backup, and setup capability at the tip of your fingers
- Swipe-to-Switch feature supports dynamic allocation of the camera's position in live viewing mode
- Intuitive search option with multi-channel preview second by second
- Scroll-to-Search lets you search through the event logs while viewing playback footage for an efficient review of events that happened in the course of a day
- Remote backup to your PC, Mac, tablets, or smartphones
- Covert camera feature allows the DVR administrator to monitor cameras while hiding them from regular users
- Multi-language interface (21 languages supported)
- Supports PTZ control via RS485 protocols
- 3 USB ports for backup onto a USB flash drive, connecting a mouse, touch monitor, or firmware upgrade
- VESA mount lets you easily mount to the back of a LCD monitor
- Flex IR extender for remote control (line-of-sight not required)