Toshiba knows portable gaming rigs - their Qosmio X870 series is all about gaming - but you really haven't experienced anything like the Qosmio X875-Q7280 17.3" Notebook Computer (Black Widow). Starting with the next generation Intel Core i7-3610QM processor, with a powerful 2.3GHz (with Turbo Boost overclocking - 3.3GHz) speed and a 6MB L3 cache, right down to the generous 12GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM, this unit is capable of serious computational crunching.
But the real power lies in the pumped up graphics, made possible through a powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M processor, loaded with 3GB of GDDR5 discrete graphics memory. With that kind of muscle behind the screen, it's nice to know that the screen is a 17.3" LED backlit TruBrite TFT LCD display with a native resolution of 1600 x 900. That also means its native for 720p content, and the loaded onboard dedicated video GDDR5 RAM will make anything gamers throw at it shine.
This rig also uses NVIDIA's Optimus technology - a new power-saving tech that increases or decreases battery power based on where you need it - either "sipping" at the CPU while you do something as mundane as writing a letter, then scaling up to max out the video graphics, without manually switching. Optimus switches between the integrated graphics controller for small tasks, and then taps the GeForce card for higher-end work. It doesn't require that you open or close apps to switch either - it's done on the fly.
With even more features, like an integrated full HD webcam and microphone, USB 2.0 ports, and Gigabit Ethernet, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n (+WiDi capable), Bluetooth, and a full-size LED backlit keyboard, this laptop may also be used to replace your clunky desktop. Packed with fun, loaded with extras, and able to fit in your briefcase - the Qosmio X875-Q7280 is the perfect traveling companion for serious gamers.
- The Biggest Names in Performance
- These laptops bring the best performance and graphics around, with the names you know: 3rd-generation dual- and quad-core Intel Core processors; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M graphics with 3GB of GDDR5 memory; 4 slots of speedy RAM configurable up to 16GB; and a dual hard drive.
- Spectacular Entertainment
- Spin up a DVD and enjoy superb virtual surround listening through chambered harman/kardon quad speakers with Slipstream design and sound enhancements from SRS. Easily stream content with Toshiba Media Controller, or enjoy 1080p output on an HDTV with HDMI.
- Desktop Replacement Versatility
- Along with gaming and multimedia technology, Qosmio laptops also serve as desktop replacement PCs. Huge processing and graphics horsepower and features like a full-size keyboard and 10-key pad, impressive storage, and USB 3.0 ports for connecting to high-speed external devices makes this the one to beat on your desktop.
- Toshiba-Exclusive Extras
- Qosmio laptops come with innovative features that make it easier to manage and enjoy your life. Look for USB Sleep & Charge ports to power your smartphone-even while your laptop is off, an Impact-Smart Hard Drive, plus Sleep & Music to make your MP3 player roar through this PC's awesome sound system.
- Killer Good Looks
- Offering Black Widow styling in diamond-textured aluminum, plus a red backlit logo and keyboard, Qosmio laptops are definitely designed with the "cool" factor in mind..
- Intel Wireless Display Capable
- Get an adapter that supports Intel Wireless Display and wirelessly project multimedia to your HDTV with great image clarity and sound.
- 7200 RPM Hard Drive
- High-speed 7200RPM SATA hard drives give you quicker access to your files and multimedia, so you'll spend less time waiting and more time enjoying.
- Sync your smart phone and other portables, or expand your PC's entertainment potential with external speakers, or headphones-all without cords.
- Listen and enjoy music from your MP3 player through your laptop speakers even when your laptop is powered down.
- USB Sleep-and-Charge
- Power your smartphone and other USB-based portables-even when your PC is off. Great for charging a cell phone or any USB device while you are on the run.
- Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Safeguard your data by 'parking' the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement.
- PC Health Monitor
- Toshiba's PC Health Monitor alerts you to issues before they become problems, constantly gauging your machine's temperature and power usage, while checking the hard drive to help protect against shocks.