The Aspire S5-391-9880-US 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from Acer finds the perfect balance of performance and portability. It has a 0.59" slim design and a weight of just 2.65 pounds for ultimate mobility. While it may be ultraportable, it can still deliver when it comes to processor power. Take powerful dual-core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 performance with you while on the go.
The 13.3" HD CineCrystal display on this Acer Ultrabook has a 1366 x 768 native resolution and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The screen is also backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 can dedicate 128MB of the system memory for graphical use, such as Microsoft DirectX 11 support.
In order to keep this Ultrabook thin, Acer has added a magic I/O launcher which can open and retract at a touch of a button. This allows you to have access to all your favorite ports, such as Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 and HDMI without having to sacrifice space. Plus, when the ports are retracted, the magic I/O launcher acts as a port cover so dust, dirt and other unwanted materials are kept out.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, an Intel-certified Thunderbolt port, two USB 3.0 ports, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and digital microphone. This Acer Ultrabook also has built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers optimized with Dolby Home Theater v4 audio enhancement. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This Acer Ultrabook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3517U processor. Its dual cores can reach a speed of up to 1.9GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With 4MB of dedicated L3 cache, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, this Acer Ultrabook allows for a smooth and seamless multitasking experience
- Elegant Mobility
- With an ultraslim 0.59" thin and weighing in at just 2.65 pounds, this Acer Ultrabook takes ultraportability to the next level. Its fluid design and aerodynamic magnesium alloy chassis projects a minimalist yet sleek finish. Its lightweight build can be placed into a backpack or a tote bag without adding any bulk so you can take it with you while on the go. The pure, uncluttered design not only looks good, but enhances your everyday computing experience
- A Display of Excellence
- The 13.3" CineCrystal display is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better picture quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The 1366 x 768 native resolution is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000, which can dedicate up to 128MB of system memory towards delivering crystal clear images, deeper black levels and vibrant color for a visually immersive experience
- Magic I/O Launcher
- Dust, dirt and other unsavory materials can get into your ports, especially if you're planning to take your Acer Ultrabook with you on the road. This Acer Ultrabook solves this dilemma without adding any bulk with unnecessary port covers. It has a retractable port launcher, which can be opened at the touch of a button. Press it once and USB 3.0, Thunderbolt and HDMI ports are all revealed for instant connectivity. Once you're done, just press the button again to retract the ports into the bottom of the Acer Ultrabook. The magic I/O launcher keeps all your ports accessible yet still maintains the thin and stylish design of your Acer Ultrabook
- Port Authority
- While Thunderbolt is usually reserved for Mac computers, this Acer Ultrabook has become the first PC ever to receive the world's fastest port. Sporting an Intel-certified Thunderbolt port, this Acer Ultrabook can transfer data at up to 10Gbps, which is 25 times faster than USB 2.0. Don't worry USB faithfuls, Acer hasn't abandoned USB ports. This Acer Ultrabook also has 2 USB 3.0 ports so you can still use your existing external hard drives or other peripherals
- Stay Connected
- Stay connected with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. The integrated 1.3 megapixel HD webcam allows you to video chat in 1280 x 1024 resolution while the built-in digital microphone captures your voice with clear precision. This Acer Ultrabook also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you can connect all your peripherals wirelessly with ease. Acer Always Connect gets you on the Internet within seconds. This Acer Ultrabook remembers previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords