ASUS, long known for outstanding design in tablets and PCs, now shows off in the wireless router division with the EA-N66 Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Range Extender. The pyramid-shaped router harnesses the power of the triangle in more ways than one.
A unique orthogonal shape not only impresses you visually, it was also developed to prevent any interference between each of the three antennas, giving the unit a clear shot to wireless frequencies. Naturally, it uses dual frequencies - the lower 2.4 GHz frequency for typical email and web-browsing, and the stronger, more robust 5.0 GHz for stutter-free streaming of high-definition audio and video files. At the high-end, the signal can transmit at the speed of 450 Mbps.
The unit houses another triple-threat. It can be used as an Ethernet adapter, an access point (to extend your Wi-Fi coverage), or in the repeater mode, which bounces signals from your established router to increase coverage in your home. The unit can easily be wall-mounted to help facilitate the spread of coverage. It includes an Ethernet port to help as well.
ASUS provides an easy and accessible GUI to help you quickly and efficiently set up your router, so you can start surfing at crisp and clear speeds. Pick up a pyramid, and harness the immediate power of the EA-N66 Dual Band Wireless N900 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
- Unique Antennas
- With the unique orthogonal arrangement of the three antennas designed by ASUS RD, the EA-N66 is developed to prevent any interference between each antenna.
- Enhanced Dual-Band Speed
- The dual-band operating mode can satisfy both normal and power users. The 2.4GHz frequency increases data speeds for web surfing or e-mail delivery while the 5GHz band handles streaming of HD quality video as well as transferring of large files.
- Access Point (AP) Mode
- Connect the EA-N66 via an existing Ethernet cable and create home Wi-Fi networks with selectable 2.4GHz/5GHz bands. Get speedy and smooth networking, with dual-band operation connecting more devices wirelessly. The 2.4GHz band supports daily tasks like web browsing, while the clearer 5GHz band allows ultra-fast and stable online gaming, HD streaming, and heavy downloading. Each band works at speeds up to 450Mbps.
- Bridge Mode
- The ASUS EA-N66 is compatible with any devices with Ethernet support, including smart TVs, multimedia players, game consoles, and you PC. WPS allows you to connect to your Wi-Fi router with a single button press.
- Range Extender Mode
- The ASUS EA-N66 can expand the range of your home's existing Wi-Fi network making it possible to enjoy wireless networking in your backyard, garage, or attic.
- Easy Setup
- The intuitive ASUS interface gives you neat and streamlined control making it simple to navigate network settings, mode switching, and device configuration.