The Samsung MV900F MultiView Digital Camera is part of Samsung's line of Smart cameras that integrate a tilting touch screen LCD monitor, wireless connectivity, advanced in-camera editing, and well-performing imaging technologies. The MV900F revolves around a 16.31MP 1/2.33" BSI (backside illuminated) CMOS sensor that provides high resolution imagery, full HD 1080p video, and high sensitivity for low-light situations. Benefitting this sensor is a 4.5-22.5mm (25-125mm 35mm equivalent) lens with a maximum aperture range of f/2.5-6.3. This 5x optical zoom can be further increased through the use of 5x digital zoom and 2x Intelli zoom.
For composing and reviewing imagery, the large 3.31" WVGA AMOLED touch screen monitor is available and can flip out 180° for easier framing of self-portraits. Just as the flip-out screen aids in taking self-portraits, this camera also features Gesture Shot for controlling the camera yourself without even touching it. In addition to taking images of yourself, this mode also works well for group photos so as to not leave anyone out of the image. By moving your hand in a circular motion, you can control the zoom; and by moving your hand up and down twice, you can release the shutter. The tilting ability also enables easier viewing when shooting from high or low angles, and furthermore can double as a kickstand for which to prop up your camera on different surfaces. The monitor's touch screen interface allows for intuitive navigation of menus or camera controls and also supports advanced in-camera image editing features, such as seven different makeup effects to selectively alter the appearance of your subject.
In addition to imaging features, the MV900F also has built-in wireless connectivity for instantly sharing your imagery directly from the camera. You can upload images to Facebook, Picasa, or Photobucket; send movies directly to YouTube; email imagery to anyone; or backup your files to cloud services, like All Share Play and Microsoft Skydrive, or to your computer using Auto Backup. Using Mobile Link, you can also send images directly to tablets or smart phones and even use these devices as a remote viewfinder to compose shots and wirelessly release the shutter.
- 16.31MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- The 16.31 megapixel 1/2.33" BSI CMOS sensor produces high quality imagery with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 3200. The backside-illuminated design requires less light than CCD or standard front-side illuminated CMOS sensors to produce a proper exposure, which leads to greater image clarity, especially in regard to dimly-lit shooting. The sensor is also benefitted by the 5x optical zoom 25-125mm (35mm equivalent) f/2.5-6.3 lens, which gives you a well-rounded range of focal lengths and a bright maximum aperture for low-light shooting.
- 3.31" AMOLED Flip-Out Touchscreen
- The large 3.31" WVGA-resolution AMOLED monitor allows for clear image monitoring and review. The flip-out design enables the screen to flip 180° forward, making it ideal for self-portraiture or group photography, especially in combination with Gesture Shot. The tilting movements also enable easier low and high angle shooting, as well as converting to a kickstand so the camera can stand on its own on a flat surface. The touchscreen provides simple controls and an intuitive interface for navigating through menus.
- Wireless Connectivity
- As part of Samsung's line of Smart cameras, the MV900F is equipped with wireless capabilities that allow you to instantly share your imagery across social networking and imaging sites such as Facebook, Picasa, Photobucket, and YouTube. Additionally, you can backup your work to cloud storage sites, such as All Share Play and Microsoft Skydrive using the Auto Backup feature. If used in connection with Mobile Link, you can also send images directly to your smartphone or tablet. This mode also enables remote monitoring and control of your camera from your smartphone using the Remote Viewfinder app.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- The MV900F supports full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording with variable frame rates up to 30fps. Movies can be recorded using the high quality H.264 format to give longer recording times than the Motion JPEG format. Additionally, the integrated HDMI port enables you to directly connect the camera to a high definition television for high quality video playback.
- Imaging Features
- Gesture Shot enables you to control certain camera functions without having to physically touch the camera. By sweeping your hand in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion you can zoom in or out and by moving your hand up and down twice you can release the shutter.
- The Beauty Palette provides portrait-enhancing in-camera image editing through the option to apply up to seven different makeup looks. This allows you to selectively modify the color of lipstick, eye shadow, cheek blush, and even eye color. You can also smooth out blemishes and skin tones as well as slim facial shapes.
- Low Light Shot mode automatically records three continuous images and merges them into a single image to improve clarity and sharpness when photographing in dimly-lit situations.
- Dual Capture mode enables you to take full-resolution still images while recording full HD video, providing you with both image types without having to interrupt your movie recording.
- Picture in Picture lets you insert one image into another with adjustable size and positioning controls. You can also insert a video file into a still image to create a multi-media image.
- HDR Plus automatically adjusts the overall contrast and exposure levels within an image to give you a full range of tones and extended dynamic range.
- Motion Photo gives you the ability to freeze motion around a moving subject. While recording video you rub the area on the touchscreen you want to keep in motion while everything else in the background freezes.