The Swedish Chameleon SC3:Matte x3 is an innovative matte box design, ideal for use with DSLR cameras and professional, mid-sized camcorders. The SC3:Matte x3 features three 4x4" fully rotatable filter stages, which allows users to —for example— set up two polarizing filters to create a Fader ND and still have an available slot for an effect filter. The SC3:Matte x3 has a simple and compact swing-away and height-adjustment mechanism, which can be adjusted from 70mm to 110mm center to center.
A matte box is an excellent tool for maximizing light control and an efficient means of deploying and adjusting filters. Swedish Chameleon's SC3:Matte x3 can accommodate wide-angle lenses and exhibits no vignetting at 24mm on full frame cameras, such as the Canon 5D Mark III. Its robust aluminum construction keeps camera rigs lightweight (1.72 lb), and the soft rubber hood features low reflectivity and improves light control.
- Key Features
- All three 4x4" filter trays can be rotated a full 360°
- Integrated swing-away and height adjustment
- Standard mount for 15mm rod support systems
- Soft rubber hood inspired by DSLR and old-style ENG lens hoods
- Compatible with lenses with up to 120mm front side diameter
- Flexible, universal light seal with adjustable cinch
- No vignetting with 24mm wide angle lenses on full frame sensors
- Aluminum construction keeps camera rigs lightweight (1.72 lb)