Vanguard's Alta Pro 284 CT Carbon Fiber Tripod With SBH-100 Ball Head is made of 6X carbon fiber to provide a lightweight (3.81 lb) and versatile camera support. The tripod has a maximum load capability of 18 lb, extends to 63", and folds down to only 21.12", which makes it very easy to transport. The SBH-100 Ball Head is an impressive, lightweight (15.9 oz) support that will keep equipment up to 22 lb securely and accurately positioned on your tripod, aided by two built-in bubble levels.
The 4-section legs can be independently positioned at 25, 50 and 80° to allow positioning of the tripod at low and unique angles and are quickly secured into position with one-twist leg locks. The center column has a tilting bracket which also helps to achieve unusual camera positioning and is spring-loaded to provide your equipment with protection against shocks and vibrations.
Vanguard's Single Piece Ball Unit Technology incorporates the ball head's ball and stem into one solid unit which provides a core strength that is resistant to degradation from everyday use. The Advanced Magnesium Housing System couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior to provide the precision, fluid-like movements of a standard head minus any extraneous weight. This ball head only weighs 15.9 oz . It comes with two QS-39 quick release plates which make it easy and convenient to remove one camera from the ball head and replace it with another.
The Alta Pro 284 CT is a popular choice for those who need a tripod that is flexible, easy to set up, and meets the needs for landscape, wide angle and macro photography applications.
- Central column moves from 0 to 180 degrees
- Quarter-twist leg locks
- Legs adjust to 25, 50 and 80-degree angles
- Advanced Magnesium Housing System
- An innovative advanced housing system couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior, providing all of the precise, fluid-like movement of a standard fluid ball head without extraneous weight.
- Bubble Level
- SBH ball heads have two large built-in bubble levels. Combine the head's double vertical and horizontal balance/stability control with your tripod's bubble level and you cannot achieve more stable or more precise positioning.
- Double Locking System
- SBH ball heads have a double locking system, ensuring maximum security for your equipment. Two separate mechanisms are simultaneously triggered to release the quick release plate; you can be confident that your camera and lenses won't fall.
- Panoramic Function
- The SBH-100 has a dedicated horizontal control knob that enables you to take incredible panoramic shots with smooth, full 360° movement.