The BC-DC4 Battery Charger from Leica is designed for use with the D-Lux 2, 3, and 4 cameras as well as the C-Lux 1 camera. The charger is designed for the original BP-DC5 battery pack supplied with these cameras, or any Leica replacement batteries.
It is noted by Leica that the charger may generate a little noise and heat when in use, and this is not a malfunction. The battery will retain a charge for a long time but eventually run out if it is unused for long periods of time. As with all device chargers it should be unplugged from the electrical outlet to conserve electricity that is wasted when left plugged in.
- The BP-DC5 is not charged when shipped, so be sure to attach it to the charger right away
- You need not worry about damaging memory effects of the battery, because it can be recharged at any time, even if it isn't fully drained, as many times as you'd like. It never shortens the total capacity
- The battery cannot be charged inside your camera, even if the AC Adapter is attached to the camera body, it must be charged with the designated charger
- Once the green status indicator is off your battery has been fully charged (approximately 120 min)
- The green indicator flashes if the battery temperature becomes too high