The Mercury Helios Thunderbolt PCI Express Expansion Chassis from Other World Computing is fast and flexible with up to 10 Gbps throughput. It's an ideal solution for high-performance PCIe cards made for video capture, video editing, media transcoding, audio processing and data storage. It is bootable with AHCI compliant cards and can daisy-chain up to six devices. Mercury Helios can use any half-length PCIe2.0 card (up to 6.5" (16.51 cm)) to provide a massive boost to your workflow. Thunderbolt equipped computers like the Mac mini, iMac, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, now have the ability to tap into a wide variety of professional level performance PCIe cards.
- The expansion chassis gives you the freedom to use any half-length (up to 6.5" long), full-height, single-width x1, x4 or x8 PCIe card via Thunderbolt technology
- It is bootable with AHCI compliant cards and can daisy-chain up to six devices.
- The PCIe card expansion facilitates data transfer of up to 10Gbps SSD, 10 Gb Ethernet connectivity, uncompressed HD video capture and more
- The Expansion Chassis features a quiet cooling fan with good ventilation and variable speeds
- Mercury Helios is hot-pluggable* and automatically switches on/off through your computer
- In the daisy-chain the last device can be a bus powered device**
- Rugged yet lightweight aluminum housing makes this expansion chassis quite portable
Note:*All devices connected to the PCIe Card must be securely removed before disconnecting the Helios. **Thunderbolt bus-powered device should be the last device on the chain.