The black Renegade RSS Backpack from OGIO brings to the table features that make it a serious contender for both pro and amateur use. This is a strong, well-built ballistic polyester pack that boasts a host of features that separate it from other packs in its price category. It's designed to hold a boatload of gear in a relatively lightweight backpack. The main zippered compartment is spacious and easily accessible from the top. OGIO uses an iFOM (Integrated Foam Tech) divider system to keep your items separate when stashed inside. Their Dual Density Foam makes sure your valuables are well-padded and protected.
There's a separate padded zippered compartment for up to a 17" laptop as well an additional padded zippered pocket for your extra iPad or tablet. Computer accessories, such as a mouse or even a digital point and shoot camera, are stored in their own zippered pocket. For personals, OGIO has devised a clever crush proof zippered Tech Vault, found on top of the pack, that is well-cushioned and designed to hold quick access items and breakables such as sunglasses. No need to forage around through the pack to find the small items you always need but always seem to disappear within the depths of the pack.
For transport, the pack comes with dual adjustable shoulder straps-one of which contains a zippered pocket sized to hold your smartphone. When you need to make a call, the last thing you want to have to do is stop, remove the pack. For enhanced stability, the straps have an adjustable sternum strap. Comfort-wise, the back panel is OGIO's HUB (Hybrid Unibody) construction designed for maximum comfort while traveling. The pack is topped with a very handy neoprene grab handle for those moments when you just need to grab and go.
Outside storage is accounted for with two zippered side utility pockets as well as two very convenient beverage holders. And, for the really small stuff, an organizer panel with a zippered stash pocket is provided for pens, note pad, business cards, ID and other material. Its red interior fabric makes visibility a bit easier as well as providing a platform on which you can lay items. The zippers all have long pull tabs for easy use especially with gloves.
The Renegade RSS Backpack is a well-designed, durable, organized and moderately priced backpack that can be used for a day in the field or weekend trip. With all it offers, it still only weighs in at a mere 3.6 lb. It's backed by OGIO's limited lifetime warranty.
- Armor protected dedicated laptop compartment with RSS fits most 17" laptops
- Padded, zippered iPad/tablet/e-reader pocket
- Padded, zippered mouse/digital point and shoot camera pocket
- Quick access expandable phone pocket located on one shoulder strap
- iFom (Integrated Foam Tech) integrated foam panels keep your electronics and other valuables protected
- Crush proof Tech Vault pocket with customizable divider for small items
- HUB (Hybrid Unibody Backpanel) for ultimate comfort while traveling
- Enhanced fully adjustable ergonomic yoke-style shoulders straps create a sweet spot comfort zone; adjustable sternum strap for increased stability while walking, hiking
- Soft touch neoprene top grab handle
- Two zippered side utility pockets
- Dual side beverage/accessory holders
- Deluxe organization panel with extra zippered stash pocket
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 41.5" (105.4 cm)