The black Roadie II HDSLR/Video Backpack from Tenba is a serious backpack for serious shooters. Whether for stills, video or audio recording, this pack has room for all the gear you might want and then some. This is a very durable and well laid out pack built for maximum load and styled for comfort and protection.
It's rated to hold your two pro DSLRs, 6-8 lenses (up to a 300mm f/2.8), monopod, shotgun mic, audio recorder and phones. Specifically, it will accommodate your Canon or Nikon pro body or video cameras such as a RED (Epic, Scarlet), Canon C300 and Sony. There's also room for your 17" laptop held in its own pocket since you'll always shoot and need to download and transmit ASAP. Dual side pockets are provided for your monopod and shotgun mic. In addition, storage space is plentiful including interior padded dividers to configure the guts of the pack to suit your gear and keep it separated and organized. A front accessory pocket is for your small stuff that you always need rapid access to. Side cargo pockets are padded and also readily accessible for additional accessories.
This pack contains two "wow" features. First, it contains two top butterfly flaps that provide instant access to your audio gear. This will facilitate keeping your photo and audio gear separated so there will never be a need to fumble through the interior to retrieve specific equipment. You can also, if needed, access you photo gear through these two flaps. The value here is that you can retrieve gear without having to open the entire pack, exposing the contents to anyone in the vicinity. Second, The main compartment is hidden against your shoulder harness and accessed through the rear of the pack. This is a clever security feature designed to make sure no one can suddenly unzip your pack and grab gear. With your pack on, you can navigate through airports and crowds secure in the knowledge that no one will be able to pilfer any gear. Heavy-duty accessory loops on the sides allow you to attach optional pouches, carabiners or other small gear.
The Roadie II HDSLR/Video Backpack is made with rugged, water-repellent 1680D ballistic nylon with a brushed tricot ripstop nylon interior that is gear-friendly and won't mar the fine finish of your equipment. The bottom panel has been made waterproof if you need to set it down on the ground.
Carrying the Roadie II is a breeze with its contoured, adjustable expedition-grade harness and wide waist belt. Since the pack holds a ton of gear, the high density foam keeps you comfortable while out and about. A top grade grab handle is also included for rapid access from your car or off a luggage rack.
Even though this is a water-repellent pack, Tenba has included a rain cover since outdoor shooters often come up against foul weather. As a bonus, the pack also contains a very handy 10 pocket media wallet for SD and CF cards. Finally, since Tenba knows a day in the field does not always leave you near the nearest kiosk, a collapsible water bottle holder has been built into the belt. The pack weighs in at a reasonably lightweight 5.5 lb-excellent for a pack that can hold so much gear. The Roadie II is made by Tenba, a company world renowned for its protective bags and cases and backed by their five-year warranty.
- Monopod/Shotgun Mic Pockets
- Pockets on both sides of the bag hold a monopod and shotgun mic
- Top-Access Audio Gear Compartment
- Butterfly flaps on the top of the backpack allow quick access to audio gear and accessories like headphones, lav mics, recorders and anything else that you need to get at easily without opening the main camera compartment. The top compartment can also allow access to the main camera compartment, which allows larger equipment (bodies or lenses) to be removed without exposing the main camera compartment to strangers nearby
- Expedition-Grade Harness
- Contoured shoulder harness and waist belt provide comfort and support when carrying large camera systems. High-density foam padding won't compress or break down over time or with heavy use
- Built-in Protected Laptop Storage
- A front padded sleeve protects a laptop up to 17" and is quick and easy to open at airport security
- Secure, Rear Camera Access
- The access to the main camera compartment is located on the harness side, which provides safety and security when working in unfamiliar or crowded locations. Equipment cannot be surreptitiously removed from the front side while the bag is being carried
- Waterproof Bottom Panel
- Keeps the bag dry and protected if you have to put it down on a wet surface
- Versatile Interior with Adjustable Dividers
- The bag is built with a weather-proof coated 1680D ballistic nylon exterior, a ripstop nylon interior, YKK zippers, Duraflex clips and heavily-reinforced stitching
- Front Accessory Compartment
- Pockets to organize small accessories like cables, hard drives and filters
- Side Cargo Pockets
- Padded side cargo pockets for accessories
- Hypalon Accessory Loops
- Heavy-duty, Hypalon (polyethylene synthetic rubber) loops on the sides of the bag provide mounting points for accessory pouches, carabiners, keys
- Collapsible Water Bottle Holder
- A collapsible water bottle/beverage holder is built into the belt
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 45.0" (114.3 cm)