The Leaf Plus Amplified HDTV Indoor Antenna from Mohu provides 10 to 15 dB of additional gain to increase signal range and improve the quality and reliability of over-the-air HDTV signals. The Leaf Plus antenna is recommended for customers who live within about 50 miles (80 kilometers) of the broadcasting towers.
The Leaf Plus features a high gain, low noise state-of-the-art pHEMT amplifier. It is optimized for both UHF and VHF stations. The Leaf will receive VHF stations but it will not be able to receive them from as far away as the UHF band stations.
You can power the Leaf Plus through the Leaf's mini-USB connector or plug a USB cable directly into the USB port on your TV, if it has one. The advantage of doing this is eliminating parasitic power consumption when the amplifier isn't needed.
Lastly, in order for the Leaf to work properly, your TV needs to be digital ready. TV's labeled HD ready or HDTV monitors are not considered digital ready. Also, do not use the Leaf Plus outdoors. Both temperature and humidity will ruin the device.
- Leaf Plus Performance
- The Leaf Plus features a high gain, low noise state-of-the-art pHEMT amplifier. For channels that experience occasional dropouts or pixilation, the additional gain of the Leaf Plus will provide a far more reliable signal. It features the same razor thin design and high quality connectors as the Leaf
- Leaf Plus Technology
- The amplifier in the Leaf Plus provides 10-15 dB of gain across all TV channels and has the lowest noise figure possible. By placing the amplifier directly at the antenna, it minimizes noise and signal loss due to cable losses and maximize efficiency by matching the amplifier to the antenna
- USB Powering Option
- The Leaf Plus gives you a USB power injector at the end of the antenna cable to provide power to the amplifier in the antenna housing. This power injector uses a mini-USB connector. You can power the amplifier using the supplied power cube and USB cable or plug the USB cable into a USB port on your TV, if it has one. The advantage of doing this is that the amplifier will only be powered when the TV is turned on, eliminating parasitic power consumption when the amplifier isn't needed
- Leaf Plus Design
- The Leaf Plus is black on one side and white on the other side. The amplifier is right at the antenna, where it can amplify the signal before the cable loss can affect it. Placing the amplifier at the antenna, it also makes it possible to locate the Leaf Plus further from the TV using the Mohu Leaf extension cables
- Range of the Leaf Plus
- The Leaf Plus antenna is recommended for customers who live within about 50 miles (80 kilometers) of the broadcasting towers. However, due to differences in geography and your home's construction, the maximum operable distance may vary
- UHF and VHF Stations
- The Leaf Plus is optimized for UHF stations, which comprises about 95% of the HDTV stations today. The Leaf Plus will receive VHF stations but it will not be able to receive them from as far away as the UHF band stations
- Leaf Plus Placement
- The Leaf Plus antenna is shipped with two adhesive hoop and loop pads, which can be used to mount the Leaf or simply use tape to mount it on the wall. To optimize performance, temporarily tape the leaf to the wall in several different locations (performing a channel scan for each location) to determine where signal strengths are the highest