The COOLPIX L610 Digital Camera (Silver) is a 16MP CMOS point-and-shoot from Nikon. Small in stature but big on pixels, the L610 enables even the most casually captured snapshots to end up as immaculately detailed memories. Features such as the 14x zoom 4.5-63mm NIKKOR ED glass lens with an equivalent 35mm range of 25-350mm, the Optical VR Image Stabilization, and a built-in pop-up flash, all work together with the L610's large sensor. Whether the resulting image is displayed on your favorite digital device or blown up to a large print size you'll be impressed by the clarity.
In addition to producing still images, the L610 also puts 1080p HD video capture at your fingertips. Literally. The camera features one-touch video recording, saving you from having to navigate multiple menus. Instead, when you see a moment you have to record, all you have to do is hit the red button and the movie making will begin. Videos are enhanced with stereo sound for accurate audio as well.
No matter what you're recording with the L610, however, you'll frame the scene with the camera's rear 3" 460,000K LCD display. Navigating menus, framing and replaying shots, and even selecting in-camera filters or special effects is a breeze.
Additional features of the L610 are numerous, so let's just focus on a few of the big ones. First off, the camera is simply powered by AA batteries. That translates into an easily replaceable power source that is available virtually anywhere you find yourself. It also means no more waiting for the battery to charge.
Another convenient feature is the Intelligent AF System. The job of the AF System is to ensure that your images come out clear and blur-free with minimal effort on your part. This feature focuses on the main subject in the photo and automatically adjusts the camera's focus. All you have to do is turn Intelligent AF on when you want to enable the function, and you're free to snap away without worry.
In the same vein, the L610 also features macro shooting to 0.4". Whether you blog about your meals on vacation or simply love to capture extreme close-ups, the macro function allows you to get very close to your subjects for successful images.
Another feature that bears mentioning is the camera's 1.9 frames per second capture (up to 4 shots). This is great for shooting sports, children, or any other fast-moving subjects.
Great Performance in Challenging Conditions
- 16MP CMOS sensor enables great shots even in challenging conditions, such as low lighting. Get clear, high-resolution images and HD video, whether you're shooting indoors without a flash, photographing a sunset, working outdoors on cloudy days, or trying to capture nighttime cityscapes. The camera has ISO sensitivity up to 3200 for dealing with especially dim lighting. It's also equipped with a built-in, pop-up flash. The L610 also has you covered when you want to catch fast action: Its continuous shooting mode captures as many as 4 shots at up to 1.9fps, great for sports, nature and other types of photography or videography demanding quick frame rates.
Excellent Photos and Videos from Up-Close and Afar
- Capture distant subjects with the 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens, which has a focal length of 25-350mm in 35mm equivalent--a broad range covering wide-angle to super telephoto lengths. You can also grab macro shots from as close as 0.4 in/ 1.0 cm away from your subject. The lens has 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements, which help correct chromatic aberrations, or optical color defects, and give your images impressive sharpness and contrast--even at maximum aperture
Steady Shots for Unsteady Hands or Moving Subjects
- Optical VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effects of camera shake for sharp, clear images without the use of a tripod or flash--whether you're shooting at wide-angle, super telephoto, or any focal length in between. In case you do want to use a support system, though, the camera is equipped with a 1/4" tripod socket
Large LCD for Good Visibility
- 3.0" (7.6 cm) LCD display with 460,000-dot resolution affords easy viewing in both shooting and playback modes. Clear Color Display technology enhances screen visibility for a more vivid, clear image. Glare is minimized and contrast is improved
Full HD Video with Stereo Sound
- Record Full HD 1920x1080p movies with stereo sound at 30fps via a single button push. A built-in HDMI port allows HDTV connectivity, so you can view your creations on the big screen for enhanced visibility and sharing with friends and family. The camera also shoots video at 1280x720p / 30fps, or 960x540 / 30fps for iFrame 540 format, as well as 640x480 / 30fps for standard TV format
- Intelligent contrast-detect TTL AF System, including Target Finding Autofocus, automatically determines the main subject in the photo and adjusts focus accordingly, so your subject is in focus in every frame
- Captures one picture for each eye, simulating a true three-dimensional image on a 3D-compatible TV or monitor. The focus and exposure are locked after the first frame is taken, ensuring that both frames are recorded with the same exposure and focus point. When the subject is aligned with the guide, the camera automatically takes the second shot
Leave the Technical Details to the Camera
- Stay in the moment and concentrate only on getting the shot you want. The camera's Easy Auto Mode automatically detects your subject and the shooting conditions and selects the best of 6 Scene Modes to handle the task. When the situation is more complex or challenging, you can choose from among a greater 19 Scene Modes, including Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Backlighting, Food, Museum and many more, for getting the ideal shot
- Smart Portrait System
- Produce flattering portraits with a combination of effective automatic functions: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix gives your subjects clear eyes. Improved Face-Priority AF automatically detects a person's face at typical portrait-taking distances, then activates the camera's autofocus to focus upon the face area. Even if your subject moves or you recompose the photo, the camera will continue to focus on the subject's face. Smile Mode automatically fires the shutter when the chosen subject cracks a smile, while Blink Warning alerts you when the camera detects that a subject has blinked, allowing you to immediately retake the shot without having to check the picture first. The Blink Proof feature has been added, as well, letting you automatically take two sequential shots when the subject smiles, then save the image in which the subject's eyes are open. Rounding out the Smart Portrait features are D-Lighting, to naturally fix underexposed images or shots taken with excessive backlight, and adjustable Skin Softening, which uses integrated face-detection technology to ensure your subjects show up with smooth skin tones in your images
- Motion Detection
- Enjoy sharper results without having to think about them. The camera automatically selects a faster shutter speed and a higher ISO setting in order to compensate for subject motion or camera shake
Ready for the Action When You Are
- Tired of finding yourself without a fully-charged camera battery? You need not worry about that with the COOLPIX L610, since it can run on 2 regular AA batteries. Simply pop in a fresh set whenever necessary and you're ready to roll. If you prefer, however, alkaline, lithium and Nikon rechargeable batteries are also available (sold separately)