The N8800PRO v2 2U NAS Server with Core 2 Duo from Thecus is a rackmount NAS server with an open PCIe slot which can be used to install a 10Gb Ethernet adapter for enhanced performance of over 300MB/sec. Featuring 8x 3.5" SATA drive bays, the server is powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB of DDR2 SDRAM.
The server can be configured in a variety of RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD. You'll even be able to configure multiple RAID volumes on the same unit for added flexibility. Online RAID migration and expansion is available so that you can make changes to RAID settings. Each drive is hot-swappable, and the array supports auto-rebuild from a hot spare for uninterrupted service.
The server can also be configured as a centralized multimedia storage unit, supporting AAC, MP3, WAV and GIF, JPEG, BMP and PNG files. It also supports uPnP streaming protocol for movies and video. The unit's Gigabit Ethernet port support 802.3ad link aggregation, load balancing, and failover operation. The server is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux clients, allowing you to integrate it into virtually any network. User accessibility can also be configured with local and user group support, Windows ADS, and a built in FTP. You can even manage data through your Android or iOS compatible device with Thecus Share and the Thecus Dashboard, and upload or downstream from your NAS.
Your data is made safer with incremental data backup, system disaster recovery, and Rsync, the Thecus proprietary backup program that replicates data between two systems. The unit also supports Mac OS X Time Machine. You can even set quota or limits for individual users, allowing you another layer of data protection.
The Thecus N8800PRO v2 could be a great solution for data storage problems for content managers, system administrators, or compilers.
- 10GbE Ready
- This Thecus NAS is 10Gb Ethernet ready to satisfy the high-speed needs of today and tomorrow. Data centers often need a level of speed that today's average Internet usage cannot provide.
- Acronis True Image
- Thecus brings the Acronis's Advanced Backup software to the table. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis uses a professional interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
- Multiple RAID
- When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS lets you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
- Multiple File Systems
- Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, and XFS, gives Thecus NAS the flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes for flexibility and efficiency.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
- iOS/Android Connectivity
- Reach your data from anywhere with ThecusShare and the Thecus Dashboard. You can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
- Backing up your data is a given, and everyone has specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus's Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
- User Quotas
- Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, user quotas make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
- PCI-e slot
- Through the built in PCI-e slot, business users can add a 10G Ethernet Adaptor for lighting fast transfer speeds.