The Loupe EX-Solo DSLR Optical Viewfinder with 3x Universal Loupe from Varavon is a quick and simple solution to shooting video in sunlight, or anywhere harsh shadows and glare reflect off of the LCD screen. Built to universally fit any 3.0" DSLR screen, the Loupe EX-Solo has all of the essential parts of an optical viewfinder: the main body, a lens, diopter adjustment, and vertical hinges.
Beginning with the main body, this 3.0" viewfinder is large enough to cover your camera's screen, and gentle enough not to leave a mark on the camera. The spongy material used to press against the camera not only blocks unwanted light, but also forms an excellent seal, fitting your camera without the use of glue, pins or camera plates. It houses four small magnets to hold the hinges closed, as well as a built-in cradle.
The aluminum dial has both a male 1/4"-20 screw to mount your camera onto, as well as a 1/4"-20 socket to mount the entire unit onto a tripod. The dial also slides within the main body's cradle so it can accommodate DSLR sockets from different manufacturers and brands.
On the opposite end of the sponge and dial is the loupe assembly with a rubber eyecup, and diopter adjustment knob. Comfortably place the soft rubber eyecup to your face and easily slide the knob to adjust the focus of the diopter to you. The glass lens has a 3x magnification ratio enabling you to get an even larger and clearer view of the scenes as you shoot them.
If you don't need to use the entire viewfinder, you have the option to quickly and easily open the viewfinder using its hinges and use it like a display hood. The durable hinges ensure the viewfinder won't close in on itself as you're viewing it and are designed to hold it over 180° so it's out of the way.
- Fits Any 3.0" DSLR Display
- The Loupe EX-Solo is a universal viewfinder designed to work with any DSLR with a 3.0" rear display. It can be adjusted to fit several distances from the 1/4"-20 screw, and forms a seal with its spongy material that won't damage or leave residue on the camera.
- 3x Display Magnification Ratio
- See your camera's display larger and clearer than ever with the 3x magnification ratio that comes with using this optical viewfinder. This helps you to see the details in your shots as you capture them, rather than when viewed on a monitor later on.
- Sliding Diopter Adjustment Knob
- For any level of eyesight, the sliding diopter adjustment knob is easy to find without taking your eyes away from the viewfinder, and is easily moved to the best focusing distance that your eyes need to see properly.
- Prevents Light Leak and Reflections
- When shooting in daylight, or anywhere that light reaches your camera display, it can really hinder your ability to see colors and shadows properly on the screen. This optical viewfinder prevents light and reflections from leaking in and compromising your view.
- Mounts via 1/4"-20 Screw and Dial
- The standardized 1/4"-20 screw allows you to easily attach the viewfinder to nearly any DSLR, in the thread mount that would normally be used for a tripod.
- Built-In 1/4"-20 Tripod Mount
- Since the viewfinder is already taking up the tripod socket, the main body's aluminum dial has a built-in 1/4"-20 socket so you don't miss out on shooting with a tripod. Simply mount the tripod to it rather than the camera's socket and you won't miss a thing when shooting low light.
- Hinges Open Over 180°
- To get the optic out of the way when you don't need it, the two hinges allow you to quickly flip the eyecup and lens up, so you can use the rest of the main body as a display hood.