The Azden SGM-DSLR Shotgun Microphone is aimed at the DSLR user, and is designed to provide highly directional pickup, as well as broadcast-quality sound and performance. It has an all-metal body, for durability, yet only weights 3.75 oz (without the battery).
The SGM-DSLR is a super-cardioid, electret condenser, and is powered by the included LR-44 alkaline battery, which gets 150 hours of battery life. Also included is a shockmount that attaches to the camera's shoe mount, and isolates the mic from vibrations and lens motor noise. In addition, you get a windscreen and a 3.3' (1m) cable.
- Designed to provide DSLR users with broadcast-quality sound
- All-metal housing gives mic durability advantage over plastic-housed video mics
- Long-barrel design for increased directionality
- Get 150 hours of life from the included LR-44 alkaline battery
- Shoe-mountable shockmount, windscreen, and cable included