The casing for the HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA2 Backup Storage Device from Sanho is a customizable, stand-alone backup solution with a wide variety of data management and security tools. It provides you with the option of installing any 2.5" SATA hard drive, without any restrictions on storage capacity. It supports 5 different memory card types, including CompactFlash Type I, SD, SDHC, SDXC and MultiMedia Cards. Once a hard drive is installed, the UDMA2 allows you to view and backup the contents of your memory card--without a computer or external power supply.
Backing up data from a memory card to the UDMA2 can be done at a sustained data transfer rate of up to 27MB/s. Using the built-in mini-USB 2.0 port provides a sustained data transfer rate of 32MB/s, and the device is also backward compatible with USB 1.1 technology. Wirelessly backing up your data is also an option via the included Wi-Fi Adapter. Plug it into the Accessory Port of the UDMA2 and achieve a data transfer rate of up to 3MB/s to any wireless device within range. This includes tablets, laptops, smartphones and PCs.
The 3.5" TFT color LCD display allows you to view the contents of your memory cards in full screen 320 x 480 resolution. The device is able to display JPEG images, as well as any RAW file type. New RAW file formats can be added via firmware updates. You can also view an RGB histogram, which provides detailed EXIF data, over your images. Zoom and rotate functions can display files at 100% pixel level to help confirm focus and image quality.
The S.M.A.R.T. system (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) monitors the internal hard drive for potential issues and includes a built-in data recovery tool. This tool aids in recovering deleted, lost, corrupted, and formatted files from memory cards. Sort these files with ease using user-programmable scripts and computer-like file operations.
Note: Incremental backups are not supported when importing from an SDXC memory card; only initial backups are possible.
- User Replaceable Hard Drive and Battery
- As this is just the casing for the Colorspace UDMA2, it includes everything in the device except a pre-installed hard drive. You have the option to select the capacity that best fits your needs, of any 2.5" SATA HDD, and use the included screwdriver to add or remove it as needed. Its battery is also a common 18650 lithium-ion battery that is also easy to replace, and supports the backup of 120GB of data on a single charge.
- Backup Transfer Rate: 27MBps
- Backup your memory cards at 27MBps by inserting them right into the HyperDrive Colorspace UDMA2. Transfer photos from the UDMA2 and to your computer via the included USB cable, at 480Mbps - or wirelessly via 802.11b/g/n wireless networks at 3.0MBps.
- 3.5" TFT Color LCD 320 x 480 Display
- The 3.5" display, larger than the previous model, enables you to view both JPG and RAW files in full-screen, thumbnail, and slideshow modes.
- Displays JPG and RAW File Formats
- View any JPEG or RAW file format that your camera records, without needing to upload images and use external software. The RAW file decoder supports all current RAW file formats, and the addition of new file types is possible with future firmware updates.
- Supports CF, SD, SDHC, SDXC & MMC Cards
- The UDMA2 supports CompactFlash Type I (CF), Secure Digital SD / SDHC / SDXC and MultiMedia Card (MMC) memory cards. Plug any of them into the UDMA2 to easily backup or view your images.
- Recover Lost or Deleted Memory Card Data
- Should data be lost, there is a built-in recovery tool that aids in recovering deleted, lost, corrupted, and formatted files from memory cards.
- Access Data via Wi-Fi Connected Devices
- Attach the included Wi-Fi Adapter to the Accessory Port of the UDMA2, enter your network's SSID and password, and connect your UDMA2 to any wireless device. These include tablets, laptops, smartphones, or desktop PCs.
- Supports Hi-Speed USB 2.0 & USB 1.1
- Designed for Hi-Speed USB 2.0, the UDMA2 can transfer images at a rate of up to 480Mbps. It is also backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices.
- Built-In 2600mAh Rechargeable Battery
- View and backup hundreds of images in a single charge with the built-in lithium-ion battery. Its 2600mAh capacity can be recharged via the included AC adapter, whether the UDMA2 is turned on or off.
- S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring System
- The S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring System stands for: Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology. This feature continuously scans, detects, and records any mechanical failures within the internal hard drive, and warns of any failure that may result in the loss of data.
- Advanced File Navigation
- You can sort your files using user-programmable scripts and file operations. These include the usual copy, cut, paste, delete and rename, as well as create new folder, format hard drive, erase card and sort file directory by name, date, or type.