The Mercury On-The-Go Pro Triple Interface Portable Case from OWC / Other World Computing is a portable hard drive enclosure that features FireWire 800 and USB 3.0/2.0 connectivity. It can fit any drive up to 12.5mm in size and up to 2.2TB in capacity.
The enclosure also features a dual processor for parsing drive data - an Oxford 944/ASMedia 1051e chipset. This allows both FireWire 800 and USB compatibility through a single enclosure. This feature also ensures compatibility for both Mac and PC users.
The plug-and-play Mercury On-The-Go also includes all the cables you need, so you can start using it right out of the box. Although it is powered through the USB or FireWire ports, an optional adapter is sold to keep power going when your computer's power isn't enough.
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go features the latest in performance with an Oxford 944 and ASMedia 1051e combination FireWire and USB chipset, creating one perfectly integrated storage solution.
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go's fanless design offers quiet operation while still keeping your drive cool. The built-in aluminum heatsink underneath the drive and pass-through cooling vents on the top of the case work in tandem to provide cooler temps.
Bring Life to Old Drives
Upgrade your Mac or PC notebooks internal drive, and retask the old drive as a spare external backup.
In the Box
OWC / Other World Computing Mercury On-The-Go Pro Triple Interface Portable Case
FireWire 800 - 100MB/sec
USB 3.0 - 500MB/sec
USB 2.0 - 60MB/sec
USB 1.1 - 1.5MB/sec
Drive Types Supported
Any 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD up to 2.2TB in capacity and up to 12.5mm in size. Use of 12.5mm size drives requires Installation Support Kit.
Macintosh System Requirements
• Mac OS 8.6 to 9.2.2 compatible, OS X 10.1.x and later. (10.2 or later required for FW800 and USB 3.0)
• FireWire 800: Macintosh with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via 3rd party PCI FireWire 800 card.
• USB 3.0: Macintosh with USB 3.0 interface, either built in or via 3rd party PCI USB 3.0 card.
• USB 2.0: Macintosh with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via 3rd party PCI USB 2.0 card.
Windows System Requirement
• FireWire 800: PC with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via 3rd party PCI FireWire 800 card.
• USB 3.0: PC with USB 3.0 interface, either built in or via 3rd party PCI USB 3.0 card.
• USB 2.0: PC with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via 3rd party PCI USB 2.0 card.
• Linux compatible via supported USB and FireWire interfaces.