The Synology DiskStation DS413j 4-Bay NAS Server is a 4-bay enclosure that features room for up to 16TB (4 x 4TB ) of storage for 2.5/3.5" SATA II hard disk or SSDs. It also features a 1.6 GHz processor, 512MB of DDR3 RAM and Gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet.
The enclosure can be configured in a number of ways, including as a mail server with POP3, SMTP and IMAP support, or as a print server which can handle LPR, CIFS, IPP, Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print for up to 2 separate printers. It also includes support for iTunes and DLNA/uPnP, so you can use the unit as a multimedia media server and stream music, movies and other digital content across the Internet, and share it with family and friends via your PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or home stereo receiver. It supports bit client torrent downloads, including the BT/HTTP/FTP/NZB/eMule protocols.
You can also configure it as an FTP server with bandwidth control, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP and transfer log support. The server also has file sharing capability for individual and group user accounts, along with protocol for managing those accounts, which adds a layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to the server. It also supports RAID 0, 1, JBOD and hybrid RAID configurations.
- Build Your Own Cloud
- With Synology DS413j, you can centralize and share up to 16TB of data and files with anyone. There is no need to configure a router to remote access the DS413j - by using Synology's ezCloud, you can easily extend coverage to the Internet, and maintain your own Cloud storage wherever you go.
- Manage Your Storage
- Manage files on your Synology DS413j with File Station, which provides easy file navigation on your DiskStation. It allows you to copy, move, delete, rename, upload, or download files anywhere, anytime.
- Mobile Applications
- If you're always on the move, Synology provides a handy app called the DS File for iPhone, iPad and Android users. Anything stored on Synology DS413j can now be accessed remotely using DS File via the Internet.
- Flexible Storage Management
- The Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) automatically builds an optimal RAID volume with data protection based on the hard drives installed, eliminating the need to have hard drives of identical size. It still offers a manual setup option for advanced users. Multiple volumes on RAID allow you to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage your storage across all available hard drives. When the need arises to expand the volumes, simply allocate more storage space on the UI, and DSM does the rest for you without any service disruption.
- Versatile Multimedia Center for Home
- With the built-in media server on the DS413j, you can stream digital multimedia content from a Synology DiskStation to a media device such as a stereo system, Sony PlayStation 3 or Microsoft XBox 360. You can also stream videos and music to a DLNA/UPnP compatible TV set and enjoy your favorite movies or TV shows stored on your DiskStation. For a fully digitized music listening experience from the comfort of your couch, you can connect the DS413j to a home stereo system and control music playback using the DS Audio App for iPad, iPhone and Android.
- Share your Memories with Friends
- Photo Station simplifies photo, video, and blog sharing. Features such as theme personalization, blog, and user privilege settings make Photo Station your state-of-the-art lifestyle sharing center on the Internet. Photo Station syncs albums automatically to FaceBook.
- Back up All Your Important Files
- The Synology DS413j offers a centralized backup target to all PC/Mac computers in your house. PC Users can back up their data to the Synology DS413j using the free Synology Data Replicator software, while Mac OS X users enjoy native Apple Time Machine integration. A web-based backup wizard is provided for backing up data in the Synology DS413j to another Synology DiskStation or to an external hard drive via USB connection.
- Data Encryption
- The Synology DS413j is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads the encryption calculation task away from the main CPU, helping to improve file transfer speeds of the DiskStation. High-end features previously available only on enterprise-level hardware are now accessible via Synology DS413j to small and medium-sized businesses. DS413j provides share-level AES 256-bit encryption to aid in the prevention of unauthorized access attempts to the hard drives.
- Hassle-Free System Installation
- Web Assistant is a web-based utility to make every DiskStation easy to install. Installation is accomplished inside your existing web browser by setting up all vital system components in a few simple steps. Combined with a quick start widget, users can simultaneously tour the DSM operating system and set it up to use right away.
- Supported Languages
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Magyar, Portuguese, Turkish, Czech, Korean, Chinese, Simplified Chinese .