The Sony VAIO Duo 11 SVD11213CXB 11.6" Ultrabook Computer is a new hybrid tablet/Ultrabook available in Gun Metallic that features a 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-3317U Dual Core processor, 11.6" Full HD IPS capacitive touchscreen, and 6GB of 133MHz DDR3 RAM.
You can use a stylus (included) or your fingertips for writing, drawing, and controlling your on-screen actions. The IPS (in plane switching) screen is the same used in high end tablets like the iPad - it provides crystal-clear images and a wider viewing angle, as well as better viewing in daylight conditions. It has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 for Full HD compatibility, and even has LED backlighting for more optimal viewing with less battery strain. It runs its graphics on the Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU.
For storage, this hybrid also includes a 128GB solid state drive for speedy access to your data without mechanical slowdowns - no spindle speed, no whirring, noisy, heavy drives. Like most Ultrabooks, it does not contain an optical drive, but it does have an internal flash reader for SD and Memory Stick cards. There's also two USB 3.0 ports so you can connect any USB peripherals like an external hard drive or optical drive.
The VAIO Duo 11 SVD11213CXB Ultrabook also uses a unique Surf Slider design - you simply slide the screen to lie flush with the keyboard for a true tablet experience. When you want to use the 83-key QWERTY backlit keyboard, you simply slide the screen forward and prop it up against the keyboard.
Other nice extras include dual rear- and front-facing 2.4MP cameras powered by Sony's Exmor R, and an integrated microphone. Networking is provided via Ethernet LAN, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 +HS. This unit is also WiDi capable, allowing you to stream digital media wirelessly with WiDi capable TVs and monitors.
- Full HD IPS
- The 11.6" Full HD 1920 x 1080p touchscreen LCD is equipped with IPS (in-plane switching - the same technology used in today's high-end tablets) technology so you can enjoy a crisp image from any viewing angle. The LCD is made tough and scratch resistant to help withstand the abuses of everyday use.
- Smooth Surf Slider design
- The unique Surf Slider design allows smooth transitions between tablet and laptop modes. Interact with the tablet by using the stylus or your fingers on the 10 point capacitive touchscreen. When you need the speed of real keys, simply slide the screen back to reveal the keyboard.
- Digitizer Stylus
- The digitizer stylus allows you to write, draw, and tap on the touchscreen. With every stroke, the digitizer stylus captures subtle nuances of pressure, allowing you to adjust line weight, brush size, and more by pressing harder or softer with the pen. When the pen is near the screen, the touch sensors are turned off so you can maintain a comfortable writing position, even laying your palm on the PC. Two tips are included, allowing you to simulate working with a variety of traditional art and design materials.
- ArtRage Studio Pro
- ArtRage Studio Pro contains all the tools of ArtRage Studio: oils, watercolors, and inking pens making it easy to produce natural looking artwork on your computer. This version is ideal for artists who need to edit their work in more depth, supporting Photoshop compatible filters, real world color blending, post-spray editable stickers, and more.
- Sony's Media Apps
- Sony brings together the very best of their technologies to provide seamless connectivity across all of your Sony devices. Share and play with your content as you choose. Quick and easy access to content stored locally, on DLNA servers, or from the PlayMemories Online service.
- Sensational Sound
- Experience full-impact surround sound anywhere with Dolby Home Theater v4 technology on your PC. Whether you listen through headphones, the speakers in your laptop, or a connected home theater, Dolby Home Theater technology offers total control over audio settings, so you can customize the sound. It makes audio levels more consistent: set the volume once, and that's where it stays.
- Night Shift
- The keyboard features precisely engineered keys to create a comfortable and intuitive typing experience. When typing in dim light, an LED backlight creates a glow, framing the individual keys and illuminating the lettering to make it even easier to find the right keys.
- Rapid Wake
- With Sony's own Rapid Wake technology, simply close the lid to put your PC into sleep mode. Then, when you're ready to start again, resume in two seconds with your data safe and secure. If you are unplugged, don't worry about draining your battery. Your PC can stay in sleep mode for days.
- Full HD Front and Rear Facing Cameras
- Snap photos and shoot video of the world around you with the rear Full HD camera powered by Sony's Exmor R sensor. There's also a front-facing Full HD web camera powered by the Exmor R sensor that's perfect for chatting on-line. Face tracking technology allows the camera to automatically adjust and keep you in focus as you move about.
- One Touch
- Easily exchange messages, photos, MP3 files, and URLS from one NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled device to another by simply tapping on the touch icon. Switch from listening to music on your VAIO PC to your compatible headphones by touching the headphones to the VAIO Tap 20 or VAIO Duo 11. Or if you want to see the same website on your PC from your Sony Xperia smartphone, just touch the mark and watch it on a larger screen.
- Full Connectivity
- VAIO PCs integrate ports so you don't have to carry a dongle. HDMI, VGA and Gigabit Ethernet ports mean you can connect to your HDTV, Blu-ray Disc player, external monitor and more (cables sold separately). With the USB 3.0 port, you can transfer heavy files at speeds up to ten times faster than USB 2.0, and the use the memory card slot for quick transfer of photos and videos.
- Note Anytime for VAIO PCs
- Download the Note Anytime for VAIO on your VAIO Duo 11 so you can take notes easily using the digitizer stylus or keyboard. This note taking and organizational tool will not only convert your handwriting to text, but also lets you add your own creative touch by drawing on the touchscreen with your finger or stylus so you can include hand drawn diagrams or images. You can organize your notes by specific subject or project, and even add images that you clip from the web using Active Clip or directly from your albums.
- PC on Your HDTV
- Now enjoy all of your personal and online content on your big screen-by wirelessly connecting your laptop to your TV. With Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), you can sit back and experience your favorite videos, photos, movies, online TV shows, and more, all with great image clarity up to 1080p. Simply connect an adapter (sold separately) to your compatible TV and follow a few simple steps.
- Active Clip
- See an image on your PC that you want to save? Use Active Clip to trace or draw a freehand outline using your digitizer pen around the image. Then save to your clipboard or Note Anytime for VAIO PC where you can write or draw on it, save it, or send it to someone in e-mail.