The VAIO L Series SVL24125CXW 24" Multi-Touch All-in-One Desktop Computer doubles as a touchscreen PC and an HDTV, delivering Full HD 1080p content in a 24" widescreen display. Powered by the BRAVIA X-Reality engine, you'll enjoy sharp, crisp images with the added convenience of a touchscreen. The computer itself is also slim and takes up less space than traditional desktop computers with towers. This Sony computer can also be mounted on a wall (wall mount sold separately) to save even more space.
The system is powered by a dual-core 2.5GHz Intel Core i5-3210M processor. It also includes 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 2TB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with S-FORCE Front Surround 3D technology, powered by S-MASTER.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Sony computer houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3210M processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.5GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.1GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask efficiently between applications
- 24" Full HD LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 24" Full HD LED-backlit display of this Sony computer is a capacitive touchscreen that supports multi-touch gestures incorporated with Windows 8. You'll be able to tap, rotate and swipe your way around with ease. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. You can also output video to a larger external display via the HDMI-out port. There's also an HDMI-in port so you can use this Sony computer as a monitor. If you want to watch TV, there's also a NTSC/ATSC hybrid TV tuner, powered by BRAVIA TV
- ArtRage Studio
- ArtRage Studio is a stylish, intuitive painting and drawing package that allows you to produce natural artwork on your Sony computer. Its wide range of artistic tools let you get right down to the creative process without forcing you to learn complex or technical controls
- Sony's Media Apps
- Sony Media apps allow you to access your content across all Sony devices. Share and play your content as you choose. Sony's Media apps provide quick and easy access to content stored locally, on DLNA servers or from PlayMemories Online
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Touch, Keyboard and Mouse Integration
- Microsoft has decided that while the keyboard and mouse are still efficient ways to navigate your computer, they also wanted to include touch features with Windows 8. Going for a more hands-on approach, you'll be able to use your mouse, keyboard and multi-touch gestures (if the computer/tablet supports it). On new, touch-enabled Windows 8 computers, you'll be able to transition seamlessly from mouse to keyboard to touch. You can switch between apps, organize your Start screen as well as pan and zoom.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it