The ENVY 4-1130us 14" Ultrabook Computer from Hewlett Packard features a midnight black brushed aluminum body with a red soft-touch base. The 14" HD BrightView widescreen display is backlit with LED lights, which are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, provided by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-3317U processor. It also has 6GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 32GB solid state drive cache, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and digital microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with a subwoofer, which utilizes Beats Audio.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This HP notebook has an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to have a smooth and seamless multitasking experience
- Beats Audio
- HP sound engineers collaborated with Dr. Dre, will.i.am and InterScope Records founder Jimmy Iovine to deliver the best audio experience available on an Ultrabook computer today. Exclusive to HP computers, this Ultrabook has integrated speakers with built-in Beats Audio technology. Beats Audio improves sound quality by eliminating electronic background noise, going from mute to maximum volume without flattening out the sound, adding powerful amplifiers for full-bodied sound and a bass boost button to pump up the volume even more. Beats Audio lets you hear and feel the music just as the artist intended
- A Display of Excellence
- The 14" HD BrightView LED-backlit display of this HP notebook provides full-screen views of HD content. With a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000, subtle yet significant refinements elevate your viewing experience. You can connect this HP notebook to an external display via the HDMI or VGA port
- Stay Connected
- Stay connected to the Internet with 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support. A built-in HP TrueVision HD Webcam with an integrated digital microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. Capture high quality HD videos or photos and send them to friends or post them on social media networks
- Sleek Design
- At just 0.78" thin, this HP Ultrabook is slim and light enough to take anywhere. A dynamically tapered shape and a soft-touch base makes it easy to grip on the go. Protected by sophisticated metal covers and a spun-metal touchpad, this HP notebook has a midnight black brushed aluminum body with a red soft-touch base so you can go mobile in style
- Eco Friendly
- This HP notebook is Energy Star certified and EPEAT Silver registered for excellent energy efficiency. It also has a mercury-free LED display, arsenic-free display glass and free recycling for your old computer hardware to promote a green, eco-friendly lifestyle
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services as well as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it