The Zenbook UX51VZ-XH71 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features a hairline spun design with precision etched concentric circles coated with a silver finish. The 15.6" HD widescreen display uses LED backlight technology for low power consumption. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, which is supported by an nVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory.
Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 Pro replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 Pro provides a unique user experience.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3612QM processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, dual 256GB solid state drives, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This ASUS notebook is powered by an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3612QM processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.1GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.1GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to experience smooth multitasking
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this ASUS notebook provides full-screen views of HD content. The display offers a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by an nVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory. You can connect this ASUS notebook to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- Stay connected to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 technology in this ASUS notebook so you can connect to all your favorite peripherals. The integrated webcam and microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. Capture high quality HD videos or photos and send them to friends or post them on social media networks
- Solid State Drives
- With dual solid state drives, this ASUS notebook delivers faster boot times and they last longer than traditional hard disk drives because they don't have any moving parts
Windows 8 Pro
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 Pro introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8 Pro, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it
- BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on mobile PCs that include a TPM chip. BitLocker now encrypts hard drives quicker, which helps keep your data safe without interrupting your productivity. BitLocker now also supports encrypted drives
- SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. It checks the reputation of any new app or website, helping to keep you safe no matter what browser you're using. This helps prevent malware and other viruses from infiltrating your PC or your corporate network
- Remote Desktop Connection
- Connect to your work computer from home and access all of your programs, files and network resources like you were actually sitting in front of your computer at work
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Center lets you turn your PC into a home entertainment system that can play and record high-definition TV (if you have additional tuner hardware), DVDs, and CDs. It's also a software DVR that can play photo slideshows and Internet TV content