The Transformer Book TX300CA-DH71 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from ASUS has a 13.3" screen that can be detached from the keyboard dock, allowing you to use the Transformer Book as a tablet. When you require larger storage space and a tactile keyboard, you can reconnect the Transformer Book with the keyboard dock for additional performance and utility.
The Transformer Book has a 13.3" widescreen display featuring LED backlight technology and in-plane switching (IPS) technology. The IPS panel provides a 178° viewing angle so images remain sharp and colors do not get washed out when you're not directly in front of the screen. The display is also a capacitive touchscreen that supports the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB hard drive, a 128GB solid state drive, a Secure Digital (SD) media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Bang & Olufsen ICEpower quad speakers with ASUS SonicMaster technology and MaxxAudio support.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- The Transformer Book houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3517U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.9GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 13.3" IPS Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 13.3" IPS LED-backlit display of the Transformer Book is actually a capacitive touchscreen. The touchscreen is capable of utilizing the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The screen also has an anti-glare coating, which allows you to use the Transformer Book in brightly lit environments. The display of the Transformer Book can also play Full HD 1080p content natively, thanks to its high resolution. If you want to output your video to an external display, you can use either the HDMI port or the Mini DisplayPort
- Dual Storage Options
- As a tablet, the 128GB solid state drive means apps launch quickly in Windows 8 while ASUS WebStorage ensures easy access to secure cloud storage. Connect the Transformer Book to its keyboard dock and it turns into a fully functional Ultrabook with a 500GB hard drive. Using exclusive ASUS high-speed bridge technology, the Transformer Book can reach data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps
- Smart Battery Technology
- The Transformer Book has up to 5 hours of battery life when connected to the dock and up to 8 hours in tablet mode. With Power Up technology, the Transformer Book extends notebook battery life even further by disabling the dock's hard drive and ports to leave the keyboard and touchpad active, allowing the keyboard dock battery to provide up to 8 hours of battery life (battery life may vary depending on usage)
- Precision Engineered Ultraportability
- Inspired by ASUS Zenbook series, the Transformer Book features a similar sleek profile and a precision-engineered all-metal design. The unique spun metal finish on the lid is actually the result of a 32-step manufacturing process
- Bang & Olufsen ICEpower Speakers with ASUS SonicMaster & MaxxAudio
- Developed with the audio experts at Bang & Olufsen ICEpower, ASUS SonicMaster technology delivers outstanding cinematic sound quality. Quad speakers are available when the Transformer Book is connected to the keyboard to provide an immersive listening experience. MaxxAudio provides fully customizable EQ control for perfect results with movies, music and games. Audio recording is crystal-clear too, thanks to a high quality array mic that filters background noise
- More Than a Mobile Dock
- The Transformer Book has a mobile dock that's more than just a backlit keyboard with a smart-gesture touchpad. With a 500GB hard drive, two USB 3.0 ports, a built-in battery and a 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack, it "transforms" the tablet of the Transformer Book into a full-fledged Ultrabook
- Stay-Safe Power Supply
- The Transformer Book has a power lead that doesn't plug into a socket, but snaps onto it magnetically. A firm tug is enough to break the connection safely, so there's no risk of dragging Transformer Book off a desk when accidentally tripping over the power cord or having it snatched from your hands if you pick it up when still plugged in
- Backlit Keyboard
- When docked to the keyboard, the Transformer Book will have a tactile backlit keyboard with ambient light control that automatically adjusts its brightness
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, touchpad or the capacitive touchscreen using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it