The ENVY 20-d010 TouchSmart 20" All-in-One Desktop Computer from Hewlett Packard is an all-in-one desktop computer with a 20" capacitive touchscreen capable of taking full advantage of the multi-touch gestures found in Windows 8. The LED-backlit screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz Intel Pentium G870 processor. It also has 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 6-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Beats Audio for an enhanced audio experience.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 integrates multi-touch gestures with keyboard and mouse navigation so you'll be able to swipe, tap, flip, rotate and pinch-to-zoom your way around the 20" capacitive touchscreen. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- 20" Capacitive Touchscreen
- This HP computer has a 20" capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch gesture support for Windows 8. Tap, rotate, flip and pinch your way through the menus of Windows 8 with ease. You can type using the traditional keyboard or opt to use the virtual keyboard right on the screen. You can draw and paint using just your fingers on the screen
- For a fast wired Internet connection, you can simply plug in your an Ethernet cable into the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet jack. You can also connect wirelessly to the Internet with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Use the 4 USB 2.0 or the 2 USB 3.0 ports to connect your favorite peripherals or go wireless with Bluetooth 4.0 technology for a less restricted user experience
- Space-Saving Design
- This HP computer is easy to setup and use. Just unpack, plug it in and you'll be up-and-running in no time. Plus, its all-in-one space-saving design and slim form factor ensures a clean, clutter free work environment
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Multi-Touch Gestures
- Microsoft has decided that while the keyboard and mouse are still efficient ways to navigate your computer, they also wanted to include touch features with Windows 8. Going for a more hands-on approach, you'll be able to use your mouse, keyboard and multi-touch gestures. On new, touch-enabled Windows 8 computers, you'll be able to transition seamlessly from mouse to keyboard to touch. You can switch between apps, organize your Start screen as well as pan and zoom
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services as well as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it