The UT-1 Communication Unit from Nikon connects to select Nikon DSLRs and, via an Ethernet network, transfers images directly to your computer or FTP server. It can also communicate so your computer can remotely control your camera. In addition, by utilizing the WT-5a Wireless Transmitter (available separately), you can perform the same functions wirelessly.
Mounted to the camera's hot shoe (or tripod if the hot shoe is occupied), the UT-1 will quickly transfer images as they are captured to your computer or to an FTP server where they are uploaded and saved. This is an efficient way to save your images but more so, an immediate way to verify image quality and accuracy, whether it be you doing the verification or your colleagues in another location. Images already on the camera's memory card can be easily transferred as well. The UT-1 is designed for professional photographers with high resolution files to streamline their workflow and collaborate more effectively. Transfer speed and the ability to view numerous images quickly are the advantage of the UT-1. The UT-1 is presently compatible with the Nikon D4, D800, D800E and D7000 DSLRs.
The UT-1 communicates between your computer and camera and when used with Camera Control Pro 2 software, allows your computer to remotely control your camera's settings and functions. Again, a great tool for professional collaboration, but not limited exclusively to pros; ideal for any level of photographer who desires remote and efficient equipment and image control. Exposure, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, live view, even video recording can be controlled from your computer via the UT-1.
- Image Transfer
- Still images can be transferred as they are captured, and still images and movies already stored on a memory card can be saved to a computer or FTP server.
- Transfer of Images to an FTP Server
- Still images and movies can be automatically uploaded and saved to an FTP server as they are captured, enabling transfer of a high volume of high-resolution image data captured by a Nikon DSLR camera. This allows for verification and selection of images from a remote location by those not at the camera.
- Remote Camera Control from a Computer
- When used with Camera Control Pro 2, remote control software (available separately), remote control over a wide variety of Nikon DSLR camera functions from a computer is possible. Camera Control Pro 2 allows users to specify and adjust shooting settings such as exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture and white balance. In addition, still images and movies can be saved directly to the computer as they are recorded with remote shooting using Camera Control Pro 2.
- The UT-1 can be mounted on the camera's accessory shoe or on a tripod. When another accessory, such as a Speedlight, is mounted on the accessory shoe, the camera and UT-1 can be mounted on a tripod using the optional SK-7 bracket for smooth handling.
- The UT-1 presently works on the Nikon D4, D800, D800E and D7000.
- Wireless Network Support
- When used with the Wireless Transmitter WT-5a (sold separately) the UT-1's networking functions can be used over wireless networks.