The black Pro-Light FlyBy-75 Photo Rolling Case from KATA is a large case that can hold a full spectrum of equipment. With its capacity of 6-8 lenses up to a 400mm f/2.8 and a flash, you'll still have enough room for accessories and a tripod. For the videographer, the case can also be used to hold your HDV camcorder, matte box and accessories. Camcorders such as the Sony F3, Panasonic AF100 or even larger models with the external mic and viewfinder dismantled are easily stored. The case also accommodates your 15.4" laptop in its own Elasto-Guard sleeve that can be accessed without having to open the entire case. When not in use, the sleeve folds flat to keep it out of the way.
The interior is fully customizable using KATA's yellow Aeriform dividers. The yellow dividers also make it easier to locate specific gear when you're working in lower light scenarios. These dividers allow you to place each lens its own custom nest for safekeeping. A front zippered accessory pocket holds even more accessories.
The case comes with dual wheels and a retractable tow handle for ease of transport up ramps, through crowded parking lots and airports. The top and bottom also have convenient carry handles for rapid lifting when storing or retrieving the FlyBy. KATA also uses their Spine Guard MK II foam that adds structural integrity to the case.
Access to all compartments is via zippers. The case unzips on three sides giving you total access to the contents. Attach a tripod to the front of the bag with two quick-connection straps on the top and bottom. Despite its capacity, this is a relatively low profile case for traveling, storage or organizational purposes. The FlyBy is backed by KATA's 5-year warranty that can be extended to a lifetime warranty by registering the case with KATA.
- Aeriform Foam
- For unique combination of lightweight and protective material, Kata developed the Aeriform Foam. It's a perforated, laminated and reinforced foam of EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) and EPE (polyethylene) materials. The result is super-light foam that keep your gear protected; The dividers allow you to customize the interior of the case to suit your needs
- Spine Guard MK II
- The specially formed foam vertebrae Spine Guard provides ultimate structural protection
- Holds 1 to 2 Pro DSLR camera bodies with 6-8 lenses (up to 400mm f/2.8), flash and many accessories. It also fits HDV Camcorders such as the Sony F3, Panasonic AF100 or even larger models with the external mic and viewfinder dismantled; holds matte box
- Laptop Compartment
- Holds a 15.4" laptop in KATA's Elasto-Guard sleeve that slides out for rapid access; no need to completely open entire bag
- Built-in Trolley
- Wheels with retractable tow handle
- Carry Options
- Top/bottom carry handles for rapid lifting
- Tripod Attachment
- Attach a tripod to the front of the bag with two quick-connection straps on the top and bottom
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 43.0" (109.2 cm)