The Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM Handheld Camcorder features 1/4.7" 3MOS sensors, with 2.19MP each, to capture Full HD 1920x1080 resolution video. Variable frame rates record HD video at 60p, 60i, 30p, and 24p. The camera's fixed lens has a 12x zoom ratio, up to f/1.5 brightness, a 35mm equivalent of 29.8-357.6mm and manual control rings for focus, zoom and iris. In addition, Nano Surface Coating works to reduce ghosting and flare.
The AG-AC90 has two SD card slots for expanded memory or simultaneous recording to both cards for an instant back-up. A five-axis image stabilizer improves stabilization for handheld shooting, and 4x pixel shifting technology helps to create a sharper image. An Intelligent 25x digital zoom function makes automatic adjustments of edge, gradation and detail.
Professional AVCCAM HD recording modes include PS mode, which records 1080/60p at 28 Mbps. Additionally, PH mode averages 21-24 Mbps, and HA mode clocks in at approximately 17 Mbps. Finally, for extended recording times, HE mode uses approximately 6 Mbps. The AG-AC90 is compatible with Panasonic's ultra high-speed UHS-1 series of memory cards, as well as SDXC and SDHC cards.
In addition to the built-in microphone, two XLR audio inputs provide an interface for professional grade, external microphones. Audio Channel 1 and Channel 2 feature individual level controls and input selection.
- 1/4.7" Full HD 2.19MP MOS Sensors
- Three 1/4.7" sized MOS sensors - a configuration Panasonic calls 3MOS - featuring 2.19MP each. These sensors capture native Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution video.
- Fixed Lens with 12x Zoom Ratio
- The camera's fixed lens features up to f/1.5 brightness and produces an angle-of-view equal to 29.8-357.6mm on 35mm format. Nano Surface lens coating reduces ghosting and flare, and three manual control rings facilitate adjustments for focus, zoom and iris.
- Variable Frame Rates
- The AG-AC90 can record 1080 resolution at 60p, 60i, 30p and 24p; in addition to standard definition 480/60i in 60 Hz.
- Dual SD Memory Card Slots
- Two media card slots accept SD memory cards for expanded memory or simultaneous recording to both cards for an instant back-up. The AG-AC90 is compatible with Panasonic's ultra high-speed UHS-1 series of memory cards, as well as SDXC and SDHC cards.
- Five-Axis OIS and Pixel Shifting
- Five-Axis optical image stabilization makes for smoother handheld videos, and pixel shifting helps to create a sharper image.
- Intelligent 25x Digital Zoom Function
- An intelligent digital zoom achieves up to 25x seamless zooming. The digital zoom function is also available in 2, 5, and 10x zoom.
- AVCCAM HD Recording Modes
- The AG-AC90 utilizes the AVCHD format. Professional recording modes include PS mode (1080/60p at 28 Mbps), PH mode (21-24 Mbps), HA mode (approx. 17 Mbps) and HE mode (approx. 6 Mbps).
- 3MP Still Photographs
- 3MP still photographs can also be captured during video recording.
- Versatile Recording Functions
- Interval Recording captures one frame at a time in set intervals (1 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min). Pre Record prevents missed opportunities by storing about 3 seconds of video and audio data in temporary memory prior to pressing the Rec button. Record Check lets you check the end of the most recently recorded clip with one-touch ease, and Last Clip Delete provides one-touch delete of the most recently recorded clip.
- XLR Input and Other Professional Audio Features
- In addition to a built-in 5.1-channel surround sound mic, the AG-AC90 features 2-channel XLR audio input terminals for external mic use. Input (Mic/Line) can be selected for CH1/CH2 independently, and a 48 V phantom power supply (ON/OFF) and level control are provided.
- Professional Interfaces and Design
- An HDMI output supports digital output of video and audio signals to a wide variety of HD devices. Other connections include an AV Multi output for analog video and audio, an analog component video (component terminal), analog composite video (pin jack), and analog audio (L/R pin jacks) through the bundled cable. USB 2.0 connectivity aids users in transferring files to a PC, and remote terminals enable remote operation of iris, focus, zoom and Rec Start/Stop functions.