The LIVE Ping Wireless Network Camera by Lorex is a wireless security camera that allows you to view and record security video, whether at home or at your place of business. It features dual lenses for day and night viewing, event push notifications and smart video motion detection.
You can record directly to the camera and store your VGA (640 x 480) footage on microSD cards (sold separately), smartphones, tablets or PCs/Macs. It uses H.264 compression so that video files can be streamed directly to connected devices without severely impeding your bandwidth. It can be connected to your home router through a wired Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connection.
Since you can connect wirelessly, there's an app for iOS and Android connectivity to your camera. Use your smartphone to monitor or view footage. You can even receive snapshot push notifications through your phone or email when an event triggers the camera, giving you some peace of mind when away from your property.
In addition to motion detection, the unit also has sound detection and infrared monitoring. It has two lenses, one for day viewing, and another that is triggered in low-light situations. The PIR and video detection has a 30' range at night via a single high-powered IR LED.
The built-in microphone allows you to listen over the LIVE Ping camera, and an optional external speaker lets you have two-way conversations for added security. The camera supports up to 20 simultaneous users and can be expanded to a four camera system.
- Configure Wihtout a PC
- All you have to do to activate your camera is plug it into power, connect to the internet with the press of a button, then simply scan the QR code on the back of the camera with your smartphone or tablet using the free downloadable Ping App. The QR code acts as the camera's ID, and once you scan it, you're instantly viewing live video right from your mobile device without the need of a PC.
- Easy Internet Connection
- The Ping is capable of connecting to the Internet over Wi-Fi with WPS. You can connect over Wi-Fi with no hardwired connection to the router necessary, so there's no need for an Ethernet cable as long as your router has a WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) function. The camera can detect and connect to your Wi-Fi network and start streaming video right away.
- Simple microSD and Snapshot Recording
- Choose to either record straight to your camera via a microSD card (optional, sold separately) using the built-in video recorder, or transmit directly to your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac with the free remote viewing applications for mobile devices, laptops and desktop computers. Using H.264 video compression technology the PING maximizes recording space and conserves Internet bandwidth, enabling you to playback captured footage on your device right away.
- Night Vision and Dual Lens Design
- The LIVE Ping camera was built with a dual lens to deliver enhanced day imagery and night vision recording. One lens is used specifically for daytime operation, while the other lens is solely used during low-light conditions. The camera features an infrared LED that allows for viewing of up to 30ft away in total darkness.
- Dual Motion Detection with Instant Alerts
- The LIVE Ping camera features dual-motion detection technology with both Passive Infra-Red (PIR) and smart video motion detection. Alert accuracy provides motion sensing with more precise motion-activated recordings, and push notifications and email alerts (with snapshot attachments of the event sent directly to your device). The built-in PIR (Passive Infrared) sensor with a 20' range tracks heat from moving objects such as people or animals, while the video motion detection (with customizable sensitivity levels) catches any motion that doesn't generate heat and is outside the sensor's range.
- Listen-in Audio
- The LIVE Ping camera features a powerful built-in microphone that lets you hear what's happening around the camera, and delivers that audio straight to your mobile device or computer. The LIVE Ping also supports a two-way talk feature via an accessory speaker (sold separately) to the audio jack, helping bridge the gap between the camera and the end user.