The Intuit TurboTax Premier Plus E-File 2012 (CD-ROM) is software providing everything you need to easily do your investment and rental property taxes. It's the choice for you if you sold stocks, bonds, mutual funds or options for an employee stock plan, you own rental property, or you are the beneficiary of an estate or trust (received a K-1 form). TurboTax guides you through your taxes like a GPS navigation unit, providing extra help for first-time users. It asks you questions in plain English and puts your answers on the proper tax forms. It also helps you maximize your investment-related deductions for the largest possible refund via one of two options: Find Deductions Myself or Maximize My Deductions. Either option will provide guidance every step along the way. Just e-file or print your tax return--it's that simple.
All the help you need is at your fingertips, with Online chat, Ask the community, FAQs and answers, and phone support options. Get your refund fast with e-file: File your return electronically, receive an email confirmation, and get your refund in as little as 7 days (typically 7-14). There's no additional cost to efile your federal tax returns. Efiling your state personal return(s) costs $19.99 per efile.
Enjoy the following bonuses included with your software: ItsDeductible Online, Live Community, Audit Support Center and 1 state download.
Helps You Get the Most from Your Investments
- Imports Your Investment Info
- This exclusive feature saves time by automatically importing your investment info directly from your financial institution.
- Helps You Accurately Report Investment Sales
- Guides you through the reporting of sales of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Automatically calculates capital gains and losses and keeps track of those that carry over to future tax returns.
- Determines Your Cost Basis
- Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales in 3 simple steps.
- Helps with Employee Stock Plans
- Walks you through the reporting of sales and automatically determines your correct basis for selling shares purchased at different times or prices.
- 2 Ways to Go Through Deductions and Credits
- Choose Find Deductions Myself if you already know what information you need to enter, want to quickly locate or return to a tax topic, and / or know how significant changes in your life will impact your taxes. Or, select Maximize My Deductions to take a guided tour through all available deductions and credits and get help finding which of the 350 deductions you're entitled to. This option is the one for you if you are not sure of how changes in your life will affect your taxes.
- Helps You Find Every Rental Deduction
- This exclusive feature finds more than 20 deductions for landlords, from travel to advertising to repairs to insurance.
- Shows Your Best Rental Depreciation Method
- This exclusive feature simplifies the process of reporting rental property depreciation, and tells you which depreciation method will get you the largest tax deduction.
- Maximizes Refinancing Deductions
- Guides you through deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs and more, ensuring that you don't miss any chances to save money.
- Helps with New Rental Properties
- Shows you step by step how to set up new rental properties.
Includes All Features From Deluxe Version:
Finds All Tax Deductions / Credits You Deserve to Get Your Largest Refund
- Maximizes Your Tax Deductions
- Asks easy questions related to your income, family situation and changes in your tax situation and credits. Then, based on your answers, searches for over 350 deductions and credits to get you the largest tax refund possible.
- Looks for Deduction Opportunities as You Go
- Displays which deductions you've taken and which ones you haven't, and tells you how to qualify for virtually any deduction, so you don't miss any opportunities to save money.
- Gets You the Maximum Deduction for Donations
- ItsDeductible (included) assists you in accurately valuing items you donate to charity--removing the guesswork. It also tracks other donations like cash, mileage and stocks, to assist you in getting every charitable deduction to which you're entitled.
- Handles Your Life Changes
- Have you changed jobs? Gotten married? Bought a home? Had a baby? TurboTax guides you through common life changes, explaining how they will affect your taxes, and telling you what you can deduct.
- Helps with Medical Expenses
- Does all the calculating and tells you whether or not you qualify to deduct your medical expenses for maximum tax savings.
Helps You Reduce Audit Risk
- Tracks Your Audit Risk
- Audit Risk Meter checks your tax return for common audit triggers, shows whether your risk is high or low, and offers tips to assist you in minimizing your chances of being audited
- Includes Downloadable Audit Support Center
- Provides step-by-step guidance on everything you need to know and do if the IRS contacts you.
- Also Available: Audit Defense
- Gives you full-service representation by a trained tax professional. You will never have to meet with the IRS unless you want to. Service provided by TaxResources, Inc.; additional fees apply.
- New Audit Support Guarantee
- This feature, new for the 2012 version, provides free one-on-one audit guidance, assistance, and answers to your questions year-round from an experienced tax expert.
Does the Hard Work for You
- Asks Easy Questions, Tailored to You
- Walks you step by step through your tax return and inputs your answers on the proper tax forms for you. Skips interview questions that don't apply to you, so you can finish your return more quickly.
- Provides the Forms You Need
- The software includes many tax forms and schedules, but conveniently takes the decision about which ones to use out of your hands--so all you need to focus on are the easy tasks. TurboTax provides the following Most Commonly-Filed IRS Tax Forms and Schedules: Form 1040 - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, Schedule A - Itemized Deductions, Form 1040A - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, Schedule B - Interest and Dividend Income, Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses/Additional Capital Gains and Losses, Form 1040EZ - Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents, Schedule C/EZ - Profit (or Loss) from Business/Net Profit from Business, Schedule EIC - Earned Income Credit, Schedule E - Supplemental Income and Loss, Schedule SE - Self-Employment Tax, Form 8949 - Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets. Additionally, numerous other forms and schedules are included, such as Schedule F - Profit or Loss from Farming, Schedule H - Household Employment Taxes, Schedules K-1: Form 1041 - Estates and Trusts, 1065 - Partner's Share of Income, Credits, Deductions, 1120S - Shareholder's Share of Income, Credits, etc, and many more.
- Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info
- Gets your W-2 and 1099 data directly from more than 400,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it on the correct tax forms. A short summary allows you to review and edit downloaded information, if necessary.
- Transfers Last Year's Tax Info
- No retyping is required. Fills in information from your previous year's return to save time and improve accuracy. Displays what you're importing and shows you where it goes in your return. With a Windows OS, you can import tax data files or PDF files from H&R Block At Home and TaxAct. With a Mac OS, you can only import this tax data from PDF documents.
- Imports Your Financial Data
- Imports information from your financial software, including Quicken, QuickBooks 2007 and higher (Windows only) and Microsoft Money, allowing you to skip the cut-and-paste operation this year.
- Makes it Easy to Hold Your Place
- Flag areas in your tax return so you can return to them easily.
Provides Help and Advice When You Need It
- Live Tax Answers
- Get live answers online from TurboTax experts and other TurboTax users in the Live Community. Additionally, enjoy instant access to answers to commonly asked tax questions on every screen.
- Straightforward Guidance and Advice
- Get help on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax. Get plain-English explanations of specific tax areas and helpful examples when needed.
- Guide Me
- Uncertain how to answer a tax question? TurboTax will guide you to the right answer, making your taxes even simpler.
- Explains Your Return
- Displays a summary of your return, including income, tax, credits and payments, so you know your taxes are accurate. Gives you recommendations to help you get an even larger refund next year.
- FREE Technical Support
- If you've got a software question, no problem. Get answers from a TurboTax expert by phone or live chat.
Spots Errors and Shows How to Fix Them
- Smart Check Scans for Mistakes
- Smart Check double-checks your return for errors, so you can be extra-confident that your taxes are done correctly.
- Keeps You Up-to-Date with the Latest Tax Laws
- With one click, you can check for updates every time you start to ensure your return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms. You'll no longer have to disrupt your workflow to make sure all your documents are current.
Get Your Refund Faster with Included Federal Efile
- Shows Your Tax Refund in Real Time
- Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. Dual Refund Monitor constantly shows and updates your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) while you complete your federal return.
- Federal Efile Included
- Get your refund in as little as 7 days with efile and direct deposit. Free federal efile is included with TurboTax at no additional charge. If you're a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your efile information from the previous year's return to save you even more time.
- State Efile Available
- You can efile state returns for an extra $19.99 each. Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. You're allowed a maximum of 3 state efiles per federal efile.
- New Options to Get Your Refund Fast
- You can direct deposit your tax refund on a TurboTax Refund Card, a reloadable Visa prepaid card that's usable everywhere Visa debit is accepted: Shop online, pay bills and get cash at ATMs across the nation (fees may apply, see Cardholder Agreement for details). Your money is protected if your card is lost or stolen (Certain limitations and a lost card replacement fee may apply. See "Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers" in the Cardholder Agreement for details). No bank account or credit check required.