Designed for TV and HDTV systems in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and South America - the Panasonic HC-X900KE 3D Ready Full HD Camcorder (PAL) sports a long list of desirable features that include: 1920 x 1080/50p video recording, clear 5.1-channel surround sound audio recording with Wind Noise cancelling function, the ability to record in 3D (with optional 3D lens), and a 3-sensor MOS sensor system. With such quality recording features, you'll have the ability to produce extravagant, detailed, beautiful images under almost any circumstances.
Panasonic's proprietary 3MOS is a 3-sensor MOS system that features at total of 9.15 megapixels (3 x 3.05MP). These sensors work together with the Crystal Engine PRO II processor to write large HD files to memory quickly and efficiently. It also allows for high-res zooming when exceeding the optical range. In addition, the engine works to reduce image noise, rendering beautiful, lifelike images. The result is crisp and vivid 1080/50p Full HD footage. The X900KE supports progressive recording. When recording in a progressive frame rate, the footage captured is more vibrant and detailed than when recording in an interlaced frame rate. In the world of consumer camcorders, 1080p is the gold standard.
The camcorder features a high-quality lens as well. It comes with a 29.8mm f/1.5 Leica Dicomar lens that supports a 12x optical zoom range. It also features a manual ring which can be used for more precise control of focus, zoom, exposure, shutter speed and white balance. There's also HYBRID O.I.S. (optical image stabilization), which keeps your shots steady when walking or running with the camera. It reduces the effects of hand-shake for an easy-to-view, clean shot.
Another highlight of the X900KE is its very generous 3.5" (8.9cm) touch screen 3D LCD display. This screen provides you with options like Touch Zoom and Touch Shutter. The zoom function allows you to zoom in by dragging your finger across the LCD. The shutter function enables instant touch focus on a particular subject in the frame, as well as providing an option to switch to still-image shooting. The camera also features 5.1 channel Dolby Surround Sound recording, and five built-in electret condenser microphones. You can capture true Surround Sound that targets your subject, while minimizing wind and extraneous sounds.
The X900KE allows you to record in 3D as well. All that's needed is an optional VW-CLT2 3D conversion lens. Your 3D videos can then be played back on any 3D TV that is compatible with the side-by-side method. The camera can also capture up to 16 megapixel images. Plus, a dedicated iA mode will automatically switch to one of five scene modes for optimized video/still capture.
The X900KE has loads of shooting controls, including Face Detection and Intelligent Auto, which help take the guesswork out of video recording. These controls will allow you to keep the recording process simple, so you can focus on the moment, instead of fussing with camera settings. Other features include microphone and headphone jacks, an extendable electronic viewfinder and a cold shoe for mounting optional accessories. When it comes time to share what you've shot, the X900KE provides you with various options as well, from editing software that lets you upload to the web to a fun in-camera playback feature.
- Advanced 3MOS System
- The Advanced 3MOS System records beautifully natural images with powerful colors and detailed rendering in both bright and dark scenes. The Noise Reduction technology reduces unwanted noise by 40% compared to previous Panasonic models. The Advanced 3MOS System, which is comprised of the 3MOS Sensor that captures images without color loss, the Leica Dicomar Lens that excels with its large, bright aperture, and the Crystal Engine PRO that increases image resolution, produces colorful, bright, beautiful images in full HD quality
- 3MOS Sensor
- The 3MOS Sensor splits the light information captured by the lens into the three primary colors - red, green and blue - and processes each color with its own individual sensor. This reduces light loss compared to the 1MOS sensor, and renders colors, details and gradation all with intricate detail and natural beauty. This superb color reproduction maximizes the inherent quality of progressive images
- Leica Dicomar Lens
- The Leica Dicomar Lens, which is renowned for its ability to render sharp images and excellent shading now features a new Nano Surface Coating Technology, which dramatically reduces ghosting and flaring. Even in strong sunlight, these superb lenses maintain high contrast and resolution. Efficient light collection allows the new lens to capture bright, clear images even in dim lighting or at high shutter speeds. This high-end lens brings out all the beauty of full HD images
- 12x Optical Zoom and HYBRID O.I.S.
- The X900KE features a 12x zoom lens and is equipped with HYBRID O.I.S., an image stabilizer system that corrects hand-shake blurring by combining the action of its hybrid optical and electrical image stabilization systems. Even when zooming, where hand-shake often occurs, both optical and electrical hand-shake correction make it possible to record beautiful images with approximately two times the hand-shake suppressing effect as conventional models. O.I.S. now provides even more powerful stabilization correction with O.I.S. Lock. By pressing the O.I.S. Lock button on the LCD monitor, the blur detection sensitivity is maximized and camera movements are detected and corrected without image degradation. O.I.S. Lock is ideal for applications like bird watching, which call for zooming at a fixed angle
- Crystal Engine PRO II
- The Crystal Engine PRO II instantly processes the huge amount of data that goes into full HD images, and further enhances full HD quality. It produces smooth, high-resolution zoom shots even when the range exceeds the limit for optical zooming. Crystal Engine PRO II clearly delineates even the tiniest details of your subject, with extremely natural beauty. In addition, its Noise Reduction (NR) technology has been completely redesigned. The low-frequency noise that occurs when recording in dim lighting has been further minimized
- Intelligent Resolution Technology
- The Intelligent Resolution Technology incorporated in the Crystal Engine PRO II uses edge detection technology to confirm the edges of objects within the image, then emphasizes the edges for optimal clarity. For example, it brings crisp definition to patterns and the outlines of objects like flowers. Conversely, it reduces noise and enhances the natural smoothness of parts without edges, like the sky. The increased sharpness is especially effective for images with delicate details. This highly advanced technology maximizes the beauty of full HD images
- 1080/50p Recording
- With its transfer rate of 28 Mbps, 1920 x 1080/50p (progressive) recording conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. Whereas interlacing requires two images to produce a complete picture, the progressive method records a single image as a complete picture. Plus, 50p recording produces 50 images per second. This extremely dense image information creates intricate detail and silky smooth motion. Even when subjects move quickly, afterimages are minimized to create more natural images. The progressive method is most effective when shooting designs where more patterns tend to occur, or when capturing scenes during sports events where the subjects are intensely moving around. Also, the recorded images are displayed clearly even when they are made into still images, so it is possible to preserve stunning photos when clipping them from videos
- 29.8mm f/1.5 Wide Angle Lens
- The 29.8mm f/1.5 wide-angle lens will fit more people and more of the background into the frame than a conventional lens. This is especially handy when you want to take a group photo in a small room. And the very wide f/1.5 aperture means better images in low-light situations
- 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System
- The X900KE is equipped with five electret condenser microphones. The center mic helps capture the sound source and distance accurately, so you get a more 3-dimensional effect. The Zoom Mic function improves noise-reducing performance and handles higher zooming power, allowing you to clearly capture target sounds. You get a realistic sound space that's a perfect match with the true-to-life HD images
- Audio Recording Modes
- The camera also supports several modes for audio recording. The wide mode picks up audio from all directions to reproduce a natural, lifelike sound field. The zoom mode allows you to link the microphones with the lens zoom action, so when you zoom in on a subject, the microphones focus on the sound in that same direction. The focus mode enables the microphones to focus on sounds coming from right in front of you, even when the lens is not zooming. Other mic technology includes the Wind Noise Canceller, which automatically detects and suppresses wind noise. This gives you natural sounds with lifelike ambience, while still supporting stereo recording. Plus, there's even a bass setting that allows you to adjust the level of low-frequency sound that is included in the audio track while shooting
- Still Picture Recording at 16 Megapixels
- The still picture recording mode lets you shoot with a maximum resolution of 16 megapixels
- 3D Image Recording
- When the optional VW-CLT2 3D Conversion Lens is attached, the X900KE produces an effect called visual disparity. Right and left images are captured simultaneously by the two lenses, and recorded using the side-by-side method. To play back 3D videos, simply insert an SD memory card in the slot of a Panasonic VIERA 3DTV. Or you can use an HDMI mini cable to connect the camcorder to a VIERA 3DTV or another 3D TV that is compatible with the side-by-side method
- 3.5" Wide Intuitive Touch Operation LCD & Viewfinder
- The easy-to-view 3.5" (8.9cm) LCD allows intuitive fingertip touch operation. When shooting, you can use Touch Zoom to instantly zoom in and out by simply touching your fingertips, and Touch Shutter to automatically focus when shooting still images by simply touching the subject on the screen. For playback, you can also change thumbnail pages by sliding a fingertip across the screen. You get smooth, intuitive operation and don't have to take your eyes off of the LCD screen. Plus, the camera also features a useful viewfinder
- Touch Features
- Touch zoom lets you easily zoom in and out by simply touching the LCD with your fingertips. Shoot at any angle of view while watching the screen. The touch shutter function lets you touch the subject on the screen to instantly focus on it - even when shooting video. It also works as a function to switch the camera over to still-image shooting. Touch operation for playback lets you flip through thumbnail pages, display one of the thumbnail scenes, highlight a scene and more, with easy, intuitive, fingertip operation
- HYBRID O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- HYBRID O.I.S. corrects hand-shake blurring by combining the action of its hybrid optical and electrical image stabilization systems. Even when zooming, where hand-shake often occurs, both optical and electrical hand-shake correction make it possible to record beautiful images with approximately two times the hand-shake suppressing effect as conventional models. The O.I.S active mode comes in handy when shooting while walking or playing with your children. The wide correction area corrects even relatively large hand-shake motion. It's especially good for active video shooting
- iA (Intelligent Auto)
- For those beginner users looking for a more intuitive setting, the X900KE also includes the iA function which automatically selects the most suitable shooting mode. Panasonic's iA consists of six functions: Face Recognition, the new HYBRID O.I.S. +, AF/AE Tracking, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Detection and Intelligent Contrast Control
- Mic Input, Headphone Jack & Accessory Shoe
- You can enjoy more professional shooting thanks to the camcorder's mic input for plugging in an external mic (optional) and the accessory shoe for mounting optional accessories. Plus, there's a headphone jack for more accurate audio monitoring
- Manual Ring
- The manual ring gives you easy, fingertip control over the focus, zoom, exposure and white balance settings. You'll find using the ring a much more intuitive, comfortable, user-friendly process than accessing a menu screen. With the manual ring and manual operation, the camera is a pleasure to use and gives you the freedom to craft unusually expressive images
- Pre-Rec Function
- This smart function records three seconds of images even before you actually begin shooting. This helps ensure that you won't miss the start of a moment you want to record, such as when an event begins all of a sudden. For example, if you're waiting to snap a shot of a jumping dolphin, you can press the REC button after you've made sure that the dolphin has cleared the surface of the water. The camcorder will record the entire scene, from the instant of the dolphin's jump until it disappears again into the sea
- Wide Viewing Angle
- The 3D LCD has a highly detailed, 1150K-dot display and a viewing angle of 170°, both vertically and horizontally. Images are clear and bright even when viewed from an angle, so everyone can gather around the LCD to enjoy on-the-spot recordings. The wide viewing angle is also great for taking high- or low-angle shots
- Advanced Highlight Playback
- Select the days of the recordings you want to see, and this innovative function automatically selects the most exciting scenes, arranges them, and plays them, with music. It decides how exciting a scene is, based on zooming, panning, and scene changes, and whether there are faces. The 90 Series have both advanced with the addition of playback effects that include slow motion, still image fading, and flash playback. Four new image effect modes - natural, pop, dynamic and classical - have also been added. Set different effects based on the mood of your images, and enjoy memorable scenes just the way you remember them when shooting. The Face Highlight Playback mode places priority on selecting the faces of subjects who are registered in the Face Recognition function, for quick playback of the scenes where they are clearly recorded, together with music
- PAL Recording Camcorder
- The X900KE camcorder is designed for use outside of North America. It's made for countries that support the PAL color encoding system. Phase Alternating Line or PAL recording is used in several regions around the world - including: North Africa, East Africa, Western Europe, Central Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, South America (Brazil/Argentina), Great Britain, Australia and Oceania (South Pacific Islands). PAL camcorders usually record using 25p, 50i or 50p frames per second (fps), while NTSC camcorders usually record using 60p/60i/30p fps. North America supports NTSC recording, which means this PAL camcorder is not compatible with TVs and HDTVs in the United States and Canada