The Samsung UN55ES6003 55" 1080p LED TV makes a solid entrance into the mid-level large size flat-panel screen TV arena. It features a high definition resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, two 10W integrated down-firing full range speakers and a dedicated game mode for the kids or the kid in you.
The refresh rate on an HDTV will determine how blur-free fast moving images are. Samsung TVs use another indicator - the Clear Motion Rate, a new technology developed by Samsung that is based on panel-processing advances made by their labs. A higher Clear Motion Rate is better, and this unit features a Clear Motion Rate of 240.
The UN55ES6003 55" 1080p LED TV features two integrated down-firing full range speakers for a combined total of 20W (two 10W speakers). The HDTV is Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Pulse certified. Basically, DD+ and DP are a new way of listening to music from less than desirable audio sources. Originally developed to boost the sound quality of Internet music sources, the technology now enhances your speakers and the sound output on your TV so that even small speakers have a shot at a grand sound. The TV also includes SRS TheaterSound HD to deliver multi-channel sound. Another technology that Samsung provides is their Wide Color Enhancer Plus. This allows sharper color processing and less saturation for greater clarity. Even with fast moving action scenes, the images remain natural in tone and clear in definition.
Besides the Wide Color Enhancer and ConnectShare Movie Technology (that enables a user to access camcorder videos and music libraries directly on a TV screen), other features include a Game Mode, Auto Channel Search, Auto Power Off, Auto Volume Leveler, Clock & On/Off Timer, Closed Captioning and a built in DTV Tuner.
The connectors for this unit include two HDMI inputs, and one each of Component, Composite and RF ports. It also includes a USB port for connecting hard drives or Flash drives so that you can watch your digital content on the big screen.
- Full HD 1080p
- With twice the resolution of standard HD TVs, Samsung TVs deliver images that will enhance the home entertainment experience. The realistic texture of Full HD images invites you to enjoy a viewing experience that redefines reality.
- Clear Motion Rate (CMR)
- CMR is a comprehensive measure of a TV's ability to display images in motion. The higher the CMR, the better. Samsung achieves high CMR numbers based on panel processing advancements. See the picture quality difference for yourself.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended, brought to life on your screen to bring you vibrant, yet natural-looking images and subtle details and tones.
- This unit features 20W (10W x 2) audio power stereo broadcast reception. It supports multi-channel sound (MTS) and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Dolby Digital Plus/ Dolby Pulse:
- This new technology is an advanced surround sound audio processing feature designed to optimize the TV's sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs and tablet devices.
- SRS TheaterSound HD
- SRS TheaterSound HD is a high-definition audio experience that delivers surround sound multi-channel content, using built-in TV speakers to enhance both the depth and dimension of audio right through the TV.
- Swivel Stand
- Set up your Samsung TV perfectly with the built-in swivel stand. Samsung Swivel stands allow you to turn your TV up to 10 degrees to the left or right to ensure you have a direct view of the TV no matter where you are sitting in the room.