The My Net Wi-Fi Dual-Band N Range Extender from WD is an IEEE 802.11 n/g/b/a range extender with 3 x 3 antenna array providing extended range as well as fast data transfer speeds up to 450Mbps. The dual band functionality provides a 2.4 Ghz band for wider range and a 5 Ghz band for increased performance. With dual band functionality, you can transfer large files faster, stream HD quality content, video chat with friends, and game with ease.
The integrated WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button allows for quick and easy configuration. Press the WPS button on both your Range Extender and router to create a solid, secure connection. Once connected, the Range Extender will keep the current network name as well as any firewall and anti-virus protection.
- More Coverage
- Get the coverage you need in areas that have a weak or missing signal. Stream HD video seamlessly and game in areas previously out of reach of your current network connection.
- More Speed
- Take advantage of fast repeating Wi-Fi speeds with a 3 x 3 antenna array on both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. With more antennas you benefit from a stronger more reliable signal enabling faster Internet access.
- Find the Right Spot Easily
- The Wi-Fi signal strength indicator lights on the front of the range extender make it easy to find the optimal location for your Range Extender. If the first set of lights are on, your wireless signal is strong enough for Internet use. If the middle set of lights are on, the signal is strong enough for backup and watching low resolution video. If all the lights are on, you found the optimal location to enjoy anything from downloading files, chatting, and streaming HD content.
- Selectable Dual-Bands
- Easily choose between the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands with the flip of a switch as no software or PC is required. The 2.4 Ghz band gives you a wider range while the 5 Ghz band gives you a smaller range with faster performance. Now you can stream videos, download music or chat with friends in areas previously out of reach of your current network connection.
- Easy Setup
- No CD or software is needed. With the integrated WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button setting up the Range Extender is simple. Simultaneously press the WPS button on both your router and the Range Extender to create a secure connection in minutes.
- Network ID and Security
- Maintain your current network name after adding the range extender, making it less confusing when adding new devices. You will also have the same virus and firewall protection as your current network ensuring the network remains secure.