The 64GB ThinkPad Tablet 2 3679-27U 10.1" Tablet from Lenovo is a high-performance tablet with the full Windows 8 Pro (32-bit) operating system installed. It can run full versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (must be purchased separately) for mobile productivity. The ThinkPad Tablet 2 is only 0.34 inches thick and weighs less than 1.5 pounds while its built-in lithium polymer battery provides up to 10 hours of runtime from a full charge (battery life may vary depending on usage).
The 10.1" capacitive touchscreen allows you to utilize the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. You can use a pen stylus or up to five fingers at a time. The display is WideView, which means it has a 170° viewing angle. The display is made of AGC Dragontrail Glass with an anti-reflective coating for reduced glare. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and its 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by PowerVR SGX545 graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Atom Z2760 processor. It also has 2GB of 800MHz LPDDR2 RAM, a microSD card slot, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, a front 2-megapixel camera with fixed focus, a rear 8-megapixel camera with auto-focus and an LED flash, built-in stereo speakers and a dual array digital microphone. This Lenovo tablet also comes with a ThinkPad Tablet 2 Digitizer Pen, which supports hover, tip and pressure modes. A button on the Digitizer Pen lets you select options and the pen does not require batteries to work.
- 10.1" IPS Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 10.1" capacitive touchscreen supports both pen and 5-finger gesture input. The screen consists of infinity AGC Dragontrail Glass with an anti-reflective coating and an in-plane switching (IPS) panel. The display is backlit with LED lights, which provide a brightness of 400nits. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by PowerVR SGX545 graphics. You can also output video to an external display via the mini-HDMI port
- Dual-Core Intel Atom Performance
- The ThinkPad Tablet 2 features a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Atom Z2760 processor with a 1MB L2 cache and 2GB of 800MHz LPDDR2 RAM that is soldered to the motherboard
- ThinkPad Tablet 2 Digitizer Pen
- The ThinkPad Tablet 2 comes with a Digitizer Pen that supports hover, tip and pressure modes in conjunction with the capacitive touchscreen. The pen has a button that can be used to select options. No batteries are required for the Digitizer Pen
- Two Cameras
- The ThinkPad Tablet 2 has two cameras. The front 2-megapixel camera is a fixed focus unit, ideal for video chatting with friends and family. The rear 8-megapixel camera is an auto focus unit with an LED flash for use in poorly lit environments
- Stay Connected
- For connecting to the Internet, the ThinkPad Tablet 2 has 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity. The ThinkPad Tablet 2 also uses Bluetooth 4.0 for wirelessly syncing with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals. You can also connect to your PC using the USB 2.0 port