Teradek's Cube-205 HDMI Encoder connects to a camera by HDMI. The unit encodes video and embedded audio, and streams these in H.264, in up to 1080p/30, to an optional decoder or to a designated URL, streaming by Ethernet or optionally by a 3G/4G USB modem, which connects into the 205's USB port. You can at the same time also store short-form (2-3 min) proxy files to a microSD card or stream them to a computer over a network. (You would need to first enable a feature called "Proxy Recording" for free from a Teradek forum).
An OLED screen allows you to change and review settings of the unit, also offering feedback for filenames and recording status. Each feature of the unit is easily controllable from here, rather than configuration through a computer or tablet. A headphone output allows for immediate audio monitoring. Additionally, the Cube supports several Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) including UStream, Justin.tv, Livestream, YouTube Live and more.
The Cube can be used camera-top, attaching right into your camera's hot-shoe, or you can mount it onto a rig by an included 1/4" mounting screw. For power, you can use the included AC adapter or you can connect a 2-pin LEMO battery.
- Streams video and embedded audio in up to 1080p/30 in H.264 to an optional decoder or designated URL
- Can simultaneously also save or stream proxy files
- Streams by Ethernet or by an optional 3G/4G USB modem
- Stores short-form proxy recordings to optional microSD cards up to 32GB in capacity
- Headphone output allows for immediate audio monitoring
- Supports CDNs like UStream, Justin.tv, Livestream, YouTube Live and more
- Attaches to a camera's hot-shoe or onto a rig by a 1/4"-20 screw
- OLED screen indicates online status and the URL being streamed to