The Rokinon 35mm T1.5 Cine Lens for Sony E with geared, manual focus and aperture control rings, is optimized for digital cinematography. The aperture ring has been "de-clicked" for smooth iris pulls, and depth of field markings provide an essential aid to focus pullers. Optically, this lens is identical to the Rokinon 35mm f/1.4, which is known for its excellent sharpness, contrast and bokeh.
Hybrid aspherical lenses and multi-layer coating produce sharply defined images with a minimum of flare and ghosting. There is slight vignetting at T1.5 on a full-frame sensor but it is nearly gone by T2.0, and APS-C or MFT sensors will probably never see it. The 35mm lens focuses as close as 12" (30.48 cm) from the lens. A bayonet mount, petal-type lens hood is also included.
- At T1.5 this lens is great for low light and shallow depth of field
- The focus and aperture control rings feature industry standard gearing
- Covers a wide range of sensor formats, including full-frame 35mm
- 10 elements in 12 groups, including one hybrid aspherical lens
- Minimum focusing distance of 12"
- Depth of field markings aid in pulling focus