The 64GB iPad mini with Wi-Fi (Black & Slate) from Apple features a more compact form factor than its predecessors. The 7.9" LED multi-touch IPS display has the same resolution as the iPad 2. However, the smaller screen results in better pixel placement for outstanding clarity and sharpness with both text and images. An A5 chip provides a great deal of processing power. The iPad mini still features up to 10 hours of power between charging (may vary depending on usage).
The rear-facing iSight camera incorporates a 5 megapixel backside illuminated sensor for increased lowlight sensitivity as well as great performance in bright situations. Autofocus, tap-to-focus, and tap to set exposure settings provide a range of functions that allow you to achieve the best exposure possible in a quick and intuitive manner. Face detection is also supported and recognizes up to 10 different faces for improved exposure and focus settings when photographing people. In addition to improved still imaging capabilities, the iSight camera also supports full HD 1080p video recording with automatic image stabilization. The camera utilizes a 5-element f/2.4 lens for sharpness and integrates a hybrid infrared filter for greater color fidelity.
All of the internal features function via the robust iOS operating system for extremely fluid navigation and multi-touch use. iCloud support is maintained and allows you to wirelessly sync all of your information and data between multiple devices. And for even greater functionality with your iOS devices, dictation is now supported allowing you to simply talk in order to type. You can speak your emails, texts, notes, or web searches and have the written words automatically appear. A plethora of apps designed specifically for the iPad are also available, easily attained from the App Store. These apps are formatted especially for the vivid 7.9" display and support the integral functions of the device.
Please note that the iPad mini will be eligible for a free over-the-air (OTA) iOS 7 upgrade starting September 18th, 2013.
- Smaller Form Factor
- The iPad mini features an aluminum unibody enclosure with mono-crystalline diamond-cut edges and a sleek metallic finish. The iPad mini is 23 percent thinner and 53 percent lighter than the iPad. It can also be held comfortably in one hand
- 7.9" Capacitive Multi-Touch Display
- The iPad mini features a smaller 7.9" LED-backlit IPS display. However, the screen has the same 1024 x 768 native resolution of the iPad 2. Since the display is significantly smaller than the iPad 2 screen, everything looks crisp and sharp. And when compared to a 7" tablet, the iPad mini has 35 percent more screen area. The iPad mini display also takes full advantage of every pixel so apps, magazines and documents fill the screen, from top to bottom and from edge to edge, in both portrait and landscape mode. The iPad mini is designed to give you the maximum amount of screen in the minimum amount of space. To achieve that, Apple reduced the width of the bezels on two sides of the iPad mini display. So although the screen is smaller, it's even more prominent
- Lightning Connector
- The iPad mini requires an ultraslim connector to match its ultraportable design. The Lightning connector features an all-digital, eight-signal design significantly more durable than the 30-pin connector on the older iPad models. The Lightning connector is reversible so you can plug in a Lightning cable without having to worry which side needs to be up
- Front 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera
- With FaceTime built into iPad mini, you can make a video call over Wi-Fi or mobile broadband. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera gives everyone a great view of you while the iSight camera on the back lets you show others what you're seeing. You can also use the front-facing camera for taking self-portraits or recording video in 720p high definition
- Rear 5MP iSight Camera
- The iSight camera located on the back of the iPad mini is 5 megapixels and uses advanced optics, such as a f/2.4 aperture and a five-element lens for capturing light efficiently, resulting in a sharper and brighter overall image. And the hybrid infrared filter keeps out harmful IR light for more accurate, uniform colors. In addition to taking 5MP still images, the rear iSight camera on the iPad mini can also record HD video in full 1080p. And with automatic video stabilization, your recording is free from bumps and shakes
- The iPad mini is made of highly recyclable materials like aluminum and is free of brominated flame retardants (BFRs), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and other harmful toxins
- Dual-Core A5 Processor
- The iPad mini features the powerful and energy-efficient A5 processor, which makes everything you do feel smooth and natural. From the little things like switching from app to app and swiping from page to page, to more CPU-intensive tasks like editing photos, watching movies, and playing games
- The iPad mini features advanced Wi-Fi that's up to twice as fast as any previous-generation iPad. With dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and support for channel bonding, download speeds can reach up to 150 Mbps (may vary depending on Internet service)
- 10-Hour Battery Life
- The iPad mini has up to a 10-hour battery life on a single charge (battery life may vary depending on usage) so you can read, watch, play, write and create without having to worry about finding the nearest power outlet
- Siri lets you use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, check the latest scores, and more. Ask Siri to do things just by talking. Siri understands what you say, knows what you mean and even talks back
- iCloud stores your music, photos, apps, mail, contacts, calendars and documents as well as wirelessly push them to all your devices. So if you buy a song, take a photo or edit a calendar event on your iPad mini, iCloud makes sure it appears on your Mac, iPhone and iPod touch too
- AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream what's on your iPad mini to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV. Or mirror exactly what's on your display to the big screen. Vacation photos, blockbusters or iOS games, you can enhance your viewing experience while at home
- App Store
- The App Store is home to over 275,000 apps made for iPad, which means they're made for iPad mini, too. And many of them are free. Just sign in with your Apple ID - the same one you use to buy music from iTunes - to download any app instantly. And keeping your apps up to date is a cinch, because iPad mini lets you know when updates are available