The WD 8TB My Book Live Duo Personal Cloud Storage Network Drive offers you the chance to own your own piece of the cloud. With 8TB of storage, you can store your digital media and then access it via the Internet without monthly storage fees and the added liability of unsecured data.
The My Book Live Duo features dual hard drives totaling 8TB of raw capacity. You can even set the user-serviceable drives up for RAID 1 mirroring to protect against data loss or corruption. For added security, this unit not only centralizes all of your data, it also allows you to wirelessly back up your Mac or PC. You can even view photos with mobile apps for your smartphones and tablets.
With its 800MHz processor and Gigabit Ethernet interface, you can enjoy speeds set at the 10/10/1000 Mb/s standard, while enjoying the DLNA and UPnP services offered. This fully-functioning media server includes iTunes support, digital media streaming and DLNA compatible data sharing. For even more storage capabilities, it includes a USB 2.0 port so that you can connect any USB 2.0 compatible drive into extra capacity, and it will be automatically recognized and shared by the network.
- Your Personal Cloud
- Create your own personal cloud, without the monthly fees and mysterious location of your data. Store your media and files on the drive and access them securely over the Internet. Or, use WD's mobile apps for easy access with your smartphone or tablet. It's like having up to 8 TB of extra storage for your mobile device.
- RAID 1 Technology.
- Set this system to data protection mode (also known as mirrored mode or RAID 1) and the capacity is divided in half. Half of the capacity is used to store your data and the other half is used for a duplicate copy. In the unlikely event that one drive fails, your data is protected because it's duplicated on the other drive.
- Drive Spanning
- Out of the box, this two-drive system combines both drives into one large volume, serving as one drive for maximum capacity.
- Complete Out-of-the-Box Solution.
- My Book Live Duo comes complete with two desktop hard drives offering high-capacity, low power consumption and cool, quiet operation. The drives are factory tested within the enclosure for optimized performance.
- Shared Storage
- The perfect dual-drive solution for centralizing and sharing data on your wired or wireless network. Connect My Book Live Duo to your wireless router to share and access videos, music, photos and important files with any PC or Mac computer on your network.
- Automatic, Wireless Backup
- Protect your precious memories and wirelessly back up all your PC and Mac computers on your network to one reliable location using WD SmartWare. Every time you save something, it's instantly backed up. Mac users can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data.
- Now Streaming to your HDTV.
- Watch your daughter's birthday party video or show off your vacation slideshow on your TV. The built-in media server streams music, photos and videos to any DLNA-certified multimedia device such as a WD TV Live network media player, Blu-ray Disc player, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and connected TV. DLNA 1.5 & UPnP certified.
- Speed Without Compromise.
- A built-in, high-powered 800 MHz CPU gives you the horsepower you need for the most demanding applications and best-in-class read speeds faster than traditional USB 2.0 drives. Stream media seamlessly and transfer files without skipping a beat.
- Serve Up Your Music with iTunes
- The drive includes iTunes server support so you can centralize your music and video collection and stream it to any PC or Mac computer with iTunes.
- Easy Set Up
- Set up is a snap. In just a few minutes, you're up and running. Mac, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista computers will automatically find your My Book Live Duo in seconds. If you're running Windows XP, our simple discovery software makes it easy to set up the drive.
- Extra Protection
- You can automatically make a second copy, or safepoint, of your My Book Live Duo on another My Book Live Duo or NAS drive on your home network. Now you've got extra safe protection for all your media and ultimate peace of mind.
- USB Expansion Port
- Turn any USB 2.0 drive into an instant network drive for extra capacity on your My Book Live Duo. Just connect the drive to the USB port and it will automatically be shared on your network.