The Artist Transport from Avid is a compact media controller enabling project navigation and precise edit control with one hand. The Artist Transport connects to your edit system via Ethernet cable, and interfaces with a large array of available audio and video software via EUCON, HUI, and Mackie Control Protocols. From rapid shuttling to fine editing control, the weighted data wheel and springloaded shuttle ring provide you with both an analog feel and precise control over your editing timeline.
The six programmable soft keys and seven programmable edit control buttons allow you to configure your Artist Transport to suit your needs and workflow. The integrated keypad provides for quick numeric entry, and can be additional programmable soft keys. Weighing only 2.6 lb, with a smaller footprint than a 13" laptop, this unit is compact, portable and good for use with a laptop or a fully fitted editing studio.
Timecode, as well as soft key functions can be displayed on the integrated OLED display. The Artist Transport can be combined with other control surfaces in the Artist series for additional controls, and the modular design allows you to customize your control panel layout.
- One-Hand Operation
The Artist Transport is designed to give you customizable editing and project navigation functionality while only needing to use one hand. The controller interfaces with both Audio and Video editing applications, providing transport controls, shuttle, playback, fast forward, rewind, and more.
The Artist Transport can be programmed with macro functions, edit functions, and can seamlessly navigate between projects, applications and even workstations without using your mouse or keyboard.
Control Protocol and Functionality
EUCON is an advanced protocol to communicate with software over an Ethernet connection at over 250x the speed of MIDI, allowing responsive communication with or control of the below:
EUCON allows the Artist Transport to have deeply integrated control of applications such as the below:
Avid Media Composer
Final Cut Pro
Autodesk Smoke for Mac
Note: See Specifications for information on software version compatibility with EUCON Protocols.
- The Artist Transport comes with 6 programmable soft keys. These can be programmed to perform application specific functions such as: Keyboard shortcuts, Macro Commands, Editing, Project and Program navigation. Soft Keys can also be programmed to assign functions to both the data/jog wheel and the shuttle ring on the fly.
- Programmable Adjustable Data/Jog Wheel
- The Data/Jog Wheel is optically encoded for responsiveness, and weighted for good hand feel. The sensitivity of the wheel can be adjusted and set either globally or programmed specifically via software.
- Programmable Adjustable Shuttle Ring
- The springloaded Shuttle Ring sits at the base of the Data/Jog wheel providing variable fast forwarding or rewinding through the timeline. Releasing the shuttle returns it to zero and stops shuttling. The sensitivity of the wheel can be adjusted and set either globally or programmed specifically via software.
- HUI and Mackie Control Protocol
The Artist Transport supports HUI and Mackie Control Protocols over its Ethernet connection for legacy software applications that don't support EUCON.
Note: Not all EUCON functionality may be available using HUI and Mackie Control Protocols.