The Cokin 77mm PURE Harmonie Variable Density Neutral Gray Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing a reduction of about 1 to 8 stops. The 0.3 to 2.4+ (ND2-ND300) density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is also visually demarcated with dots that each represent one stop of neutral density.
The EVERCLEAR 5 Coating Technology is a multi-layered anti-reflective coating applied to the filter substrate in order to maintain effective light transmission and suppress surface reflections and flare. Additionally, the coating provides protection against five distinct elements: water, oil, dust, soil, and scratches.
This optical glass filter is set within a thin aluminum filter ring, which measures just 9.5mm-thick. This slender profile is ideally suited for use with wide-angle lenses in order to lessen the likelihood of vignetting.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- ND 0.3 to 2.4+ filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1 to about 8 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image.
- Anti-reflective EVERCLEAR 5 multi-layered coating helps to protect the filter from water, oil, dust, soil, and scratches, in addition to maintaining image contrast and reducing lens flare and ghosting.
- Thin aluminum filter ring measures 9.5mm-thick, making it ideal for use with wide angle lenses in order to prevent vignetting.