The ikan VK7i 7" HDMI Monitor with Sony L Type Battery Plate features a 7" HD IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, 400 NIT brightness with a 800:1 contrast ratio for a crisp image. The IPS screen provides a 170° viewing angle. It comes equipped with HDMI, SD/HD component, and composite In/Out connections. Built-in advanced display functions includes: Peaking, False Color, and ikan's Clip Guides, each one a valuable tool that the camera operator can use to check focus and exposure while shooting.
The VK7i features front panel mounted controls for: power, input selection, menu, function, aspect ratio, and knobs for adjusting brightness, contrast, chroma, tint, and sharpness. It scales the input video to fit its screen, and includes a 1:1 pixel mode for checking fine details of your image. The monitor incorporates an RJ-45 connector for Tally support, with indicators on the back of the monitor. The monitor's flexible power options allow you to choose from powering via the 4-pin XLR, or available ikan DV style battery plates. This VK7i monitor comes with a Sony L type battery plate that is removable and can be swapped out with other available battery plates if your battery situation changes. The monitor also incorporates 100mm VESA mounting holes, which you can use to attach available pro battery plates or for mounting available VESA mounts.
- HD Resolution
- The IPS LCD screen features 1280 x 800 resolution, which can display 720p natively, and will scale 1080i/p to fit. The HD resolution allows provides you a crisp image, and the IPS technology provides a 170° viewing angle, left to right and top to bottom.
- The monitor features HDMI, HD/SD Component, and Composite inputs and outputs.
- The monitor features one 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole on the bottom and both sides and includes a 1/4"-20 to cold shoe ball adapter.
- Flexible Battery System
- This model of the VK7I includes an easily interchangeable battery plate for an available Sony L type battery. Available replacement battery plates allow you to swap the plate so you don't have to buy a whole new monitor if your battery situation changes.
- Menu Setup
- Provides for up to five distinct users to save/recall their settings.
- Function Buttons
- You can program the F1 and F2 buttons to enable frequently accessed features.
- Guide Frames
The VK7i includes the following selectable framing & safe area:
- Peaking highlights the sharpest (most in focus) areas of the image with a color outline. The VK7i features Monochrome Peaking that shows the image in black and white with the red peaking outline.
- False Color
- The False Color feature provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure.
- Clip Guides
- Set the upper IRE limit on the monitor and any part of the frame that is brighter than the set limit will flash a vivid purple. Clip Guides is only available on the HDMI input.
- Luma Under/Over
- ikan's exclusive Adjustable Under Exposure and Over Exposed Warning feature is an extension of false color. It allows the operator to set the preferred IRE exposure limits and the operator is warned when the image exposure exceeds or falling under the preset IRE limit. This is only available on the HDMI input.
- DSLR Scaling
- The DSLR Scaling function enables users to expand their DSLR camera's HDMI video signal to fill the monitor's screen if they wish. Users may choose from one of four scaling options: Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen. DSLR scaling is only available on the HDMI input.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- The VK7i's 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows you to look at parts of your image without any scaling, so you can see the actual detail and not be fooled by scaling artifacts.
- Still Compare
- This function displays a side by side comparison of the incoming video signal. Pushing the F1/2 button one time will enter the mode. Each time the F1/2 button is pushed it will freeze the current frame on the right hand side of the display while the left continues to display the live signal. Pressing the exit button will exit the window mode. Use Window 1 for 16:9 signals and Window 2 for 4:3 signals.
- H/V Delay
- Displays the blanking interval of the incoming signal.
- Front and Rear Tally
- The VK7i has an integrated tally system showing a colored border on the LCD screen and small LED indicators on the rear of the unit.
- LCD Controls
Menu controls allow you to adjust the following settings:
- Color Temp - 5600K/6500K/9300K/Manual
- Manual Backlight adjustment