The M-Audio Oxygen 88 MIDI Keyboard Controller was designed to emulate the feel of an acoustic piano while offering the tools of a MIDI keyboard and controller. It features 88 graded hammer-action keys so the lower register keys feel heavier and the high register keys feel lighter, like an acoustic piano. The Oxygen 88 uses M-Audio's DirectLink technology to automatically map its eight MIDI assignable knobs, nine MIDI assignable 60mm faders, and nine MIDI assignable buttons to common DAW parameters. It can be used as a USB MIDI input device, a controller for external MIDI hardware, or a DAW control surface.
The Oxygen 88 features built-in presets for a variety of virtual instruments, allowing you to control parameters using its knobs, sliders, and buttons instead of your mouse. It has three unique select buttons for changing presets, programs, and MIDI channels right from your controller. Featuring a five-pin MIDI output, the Oxygen 88 can control external MIDI gear as well as software-based instruments.
Its 88 keys can be split into four zones, enabling you to layer sound, split your keyboard between different sounds, or create stacked patches within your virtual instruments.
- Out-of-the-box integration with Pro Tools software
- Factory presets provide instant mapping to a variety of virtual instruments including Xpand!2, Hybrid, Velvet, Strike, Oddity, ImpOSCar and MiniMonsta
- Dedicated track up and down buttons
- Dedicated octave up and down buttons
- Two dedicated snapshot buttons: advance and mute
- 3-digit LED
- 4 velocity curves
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X
- Ignition software download; available early 2013
Power supply jack for optional 9VDC power supply when controlling external MIDI hardware
Note: An external power supply is not to be used when the Oxygen 88 is connected to a host computer via its USB port