This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The DS160 Underwater Substrobe with Battery Pack and Smart Charger from Ikelite is a strobe flash for underwater photography. It has a power rating of 160 watt-sec, and provides a 90° angle of coverage, which is increased to 100° when using the included diffuser. The DS160 has a color temperature of 4800K. Its depth rating is 300' (91.4 m). When combined with a compatible Ikelite TTL system or film TTL system, the DS160 automatically adjusts brightness to provide ideal TTL flash exposure--whether you're shooting at macro, portrait, or wide-angle focal lengths. Included with the strobe are the #4067 Battery Pack and 4066.1 Smart Charger.
- Power rating of 160 watt-sec
- Offers 90° angle of coverage, which is increased to 100° with the use of the included diffuser. The round flashtube and reflector are designed specifically to deliver the softest, most even coverage possible
- Diffuser softens the light of the flash to reduce backscatter and hard shadows for better overall image quality
- Color temperature of 4800K
- Safe to use at a maximum depth of 300' (91.4 m), and has approximately neutral buoyancy in saltwater
- Benefit from TTL flash exposure when you combine the strobe with a compatible Ikelite TTL system or film TTL system. The DS160 automatically adjusts brightness for ideal exposure, whether you are capturing macro, portrait, or wide-angle shots
- A bright, concentrated LED aiming light provides ample illumination for use as a focusing aid or a nighttime dive light. The LED turns off and on when the strobe is fired, keeping your photos free of bright spots
- Includes #4067 Li-Ion Battery Pack and 4066.1 Smart Charger. The interchangeable battery can produce approximately 450 full-power flashes at a recycle time of about 1.4 sec, thanks to low internal resistance. A quick-release toggle system makes for easy battery attachment. Smart Charger is rated for switching 100-240 V power, enabling worldwide use, and includes AC adapters for US, Europe, UK and Australia. The battery is 18% lighter than the 4066.5 NiMH battery pack, which makes the strobe neutrally buoyant in saltwater. Additionally, several redundant safety features prevent the battery from overheating or exploding, which is especially helpful when traveling
- The charger utilizes pulse charge technology, allowing for near-complete charging while also conditioning cells over time - for longer battery life and more flashes per charge. Trickle charge mode helps maintain battery's charge without danger of overcharging or overheating
- SA-100 Single Strobe Kit and SA-100 Dual Strobe Kit are arm and sync cord combination packages enabling you to attach your strobe to Ikelite TTL systems. Sync cords such as #4103.50 Single Strobe Straight 24" (61 cm) TTL Cord, #4103.51 Single Strobe Coiled TTL Cord, or #4103.52 Two Strobes Coiled "Y" TTL cord permit attachment to Ikelite housings. There's also the #4086.61 SA-100 arm with 1.0" (2.5 cm) ball joints, and a #9571.3 extended stem release handle mount for attaching EV Controller or flashlight mount. The #4401 Fiber Optic Adapter lets you convert the strobe's electrical bulkhead into a fiber optic port, offering manual exposure (non-TTL) only