This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The DS161 Underwater Substrobe with Battery Pack and Smart Charger from Ikelite is a strobe flash equipped with a built-in 500-lumen video light. The strobe has a power rating of 160 watt-sec, and provides a 90° angle of coverage, which is increased to 100° when using the included diffuser. The DS161 has a color temperature of 4800K. Its depth rating is 300' (91.4 m). When combined with a compatible Ikelite TTL system or film TTL system, the DS161 automatically adjusts brightness to provide ideal TTL flash exposure--whether you're shooting at macro, portrait, or wide-angle focal lengths. Included with the strobe are the #4067 Battery Pack and #4066.1 Smart Charger.
- The round flashtube and reflector are designed specifically to deliver the softest, most even coverage possible
- Diffuser softens the light of the flash to reduce backscatter and hard shadows
- Approximately neutral buoyancy in saltwater
- Built-in video light with a diffused beam for close-up recording and focusing. Benefit from adjustable brightness in 10 settings and SOS mode for emergency situations. Automatic shut-off when the flash fires ensures that light won't have undesirable effects on your photos
- Includes #4067 Li-Ion Battery Pack and 4066.1 Smart Charger. The interchangeable battery can produce about 450 full-power flashes at a recycle time of 1.4 sec. A quick-release toggle system makes for easy attachment. Smart Charger is rated for switching 100-240V power, enabling worldwide use, and includes AC adapters for US, Europe, UK and Australia. The battery is 18% lighter than the 4066.5 NiMH battery pack, making the strobe neutrally buoyant in saltwater. Redundant safety features prevent the battery from overheating or exploding
- The charger utilizes pulse charge technology, allowing for near-complete charging while also conditioning cells over time - for longer battery life and more flashes per charge. Trickle charge mode helps maintain battery's charge without overcharging or overheating
- Optional single and dual strobe kits, which are arm and sync cord combination packages, enable you to attach your strobe to Ikelite TTL housings. You can also purchase arms and sync cords separately. The #4401 Fiber Optic Adapter lets you convert the strobe's electrical bulkhead into a fiber optic port, offering manual exposure (non-TTL) only