The CanoScan 9000F Mark II Film & Document Scanner from Canon features a 12-line color CCD sensor that scans not just documents and photos but also 35mm negatives and slides as well as medium format film. The scanner captures film & negatives at a high 9600dpi optical and captures photos and documents at up to 4800dpi optical. Easily digitize your negatives and slides so they can be viewed, edited, and shared on the computer. The 48-bit internal color depth provides accurate color rendition. The included film holders and guides ensure you get accurate scans the first time and eliminate the guesswork of film scanning.
The FARE Level 3 retouching removes dust and scratches and restores color to faded photos. Additionally, the scanner features built-in gutter shadow correction. When scanning pages from a book, the 9000F Mark II automatically corrects for shadows that typically appear near a book's spine when scanning so you get an accurate scan the first time.
After you finish scanning a document, you can use the included OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image into editable text. The included software also provides the ability to save scans as PDF files for easy document archiving and sharing. Have a specific type of scan you perform often? You can program the scanner's 1-touch EZ Buttons to automate specific scans for a smoother workflow.
Also included is My Image Garden software, which makes the organization and printing of your photos both easy and fun with helpful and creative features.
Speed & Quality
- High Resolution Scanning: A 9600 x 9600 maximum color resolution (film scanning) with a 48-bit color depth and over 281 trillion possible colors. Improve your scans using 19,200 x 19,200 interpolated software-enhanced scanning
Ease Of Use
- My Image Garden: This software makes organizing and printing your photos easy with facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and more. Launch the software right from your desktop and it will find photos on your computer for you, read the encoded date stamp and automatically place them in a calendar view. From there, you can easily organize them as you wish--including by person, via facial recognition. The Image Display feature shows you a small running slide of all your images, while showing you suggestions for layouts. Both images and layouts can be printed on the spot. Creative templates in various color combinations and patterns are available. Full HD Movie Print lets you freeze a high-definition movie and print a still image. Filter effects allow you to mimic the effects of different lenses. Benefit from Auto Photo Fix for automatic image correction. Enjoy easy access to downloading photos stored on sharing sites like Flickr. Access exclusive online content from Creative Park Premium, as well: Download projects, calendars, cards, crafts and more
- EZ Buttons: Utilize the Seven EZ Buttons to automate the entire scanning process. Copy, scan and create email attachments or PDF files simply with the push of a button
- Auto Scan Mode: With the press of a single button you have the ability to bring eight steps into one as you scan your photo, document or personal notebook and have the type of original automatically recognized. In addition, the original is automatically cropped to proper size, scanned and saved in the appropriate file format
- Scan 35mm Film: Make your old photos look virtually brand new again with the film scanning guide frame and Film Adapter Unit by scanning one color film strip at a time at up to 9600 dpi in color
- Auto Document Fix: Automatically delivers easy-to-view scan results by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction. Text characters are sharp and clear while pictures maintain their color tone and contrast
- FARE Level 3: Built-in retouching technology that delivers automatic correction to photos and film. It removes much of the dust and scratches while restoring its color all at the same time. Restore the life of your memories automatically instead of having to spend lots of time manually retouching them
- Gutter Shadow Correction: Built-in removal of the shadow typically seen when scanning a page from a book. The "gutter" is eliminated delivering a clean scan of the page - without a dark gutter
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Scan, transfer and preview images quickly via the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Interface