The 4TB d2 Quadra Hard Drive with USB 3.0 / Thunderbolt from LaCie is a storage solution capable of saving a large amount of data. Whether you intend on using this hard drive for professional or personal use, you can store a variety of content including HD quality video content, movies, music, photos, and documents. Transfer data to and from this drive quickly with a variety of connection options including USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports. The USB 3.0 port provides data transfer rates of up to 5Gb/s, while the Thunderbolt port can transfer data at speeds of up to 10Gb/s.
The data saved on the d2 hard drive remains secure as this drive comes equipped with AES 256-bit encryption. You can also take advantage of system monitoring and email alerts for temperature events to keep you notified about the state of your drive. The Kensington lock slot makes it possible to physically lock down your drive to prevent theft. Keeping things cool is the fanless, heat sink design. The included software Wuala Secure Cloud Storage, LaCie Private-Public Password Protection for Data Security, Genie Backup Manager Pro for PC, and Intego Backup Manager Pro for Mac helps to simplify managing your data stored within the drive.
- Universal Connectivity
- With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces, the LaCie d2 is a perfect match for your Mac and PC. And because USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, you can connect it to virtually any standard computer.
- No-Compromise Speed
- This LaCie 4TB drive performs up to 180MB/s, twice as fast as FireWire 800 and more than four times as fast as USB 2.0. Back up and transfer immense amounts of data in a fraction of the time. Enjoy noticeably more responsive photo library browsing. Save time and get better performance when using A/V editing tools such as Avid Pro Tool, Adobe Audition, or Apple Final Cut Pro X.
- Advanced Cooling for Long-Term Reliability
- The LaCie completely redesigned its d2's cooling system. Its solid aluminum casing provides 60% more surface area than flat designs, diverting and dissipating heat more efficiently. Its innovative design means it stays cool without requiring a noise-producing fan. It also has more and larger air holes to facilitate airflow.
- Perfect for Professional Environments
Designed for Convenience
The LaCie d2 was painstakingly designed to integrate seamlessly into professional environments. With its space-saving form, you can stand it alone vertically, stack multiple products horizontally, or install it in a 19" rack with a kit from LaCie. It also features email alerts, so busy professionals can monitor their device before potential problems escalate.