The ikan VH8-DK-S Field Monitor Deluxe Kit includes the VH8 8" HDMI monitor with an HD Panel, the BP5-S Sony DV battery plate, a Sony DV battery & charger, the SM201 shoe mount, an AC adapter, sun visor, and a hard metal carrying case.
Equipped with screen tally and HDMI loop-through, features such as RGB adjust, peaking, false color, DSLR scaling, and clip guide, and a resolution of 1600 x 768, the VH8 monitor is well-suited for a variety of applications. The monitor also features monochrome and a color peaking feature, which highlights the desired focus area in a bright, red outline.
The BP5-S Sony DV Battery Plate is compatible with any Sony-style L series battery.
- The VH8 Monitor is equipped with the monochrome peaking feature, which highlights the desired focus area in a bright, red outline. The operator can adjust the focus control until the red indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. For best results, be sure that the subject is properly exposed.
- False Color
- The false color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. The under / over luminance warning enables video professionals to get the quality they desire every time. By adjusting the camera's iris, the subject of the image changes color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- DSLR Scaling
- Enables to extend DSLR camera's HDMI video output to any of the 4 options: Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen.
- Movable Pixel-To-Pixel
- 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows a video professional to emphasize on individual chosen elements in the shot. This feature is essential for capturing optimum detail.
- Clip Guide
- Offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition (Adjustable threshold similar to the zebra crossing function). The operator simply assigns the upper IRE as per preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit flashes in a vivid purple, indicating only the overexposed area.
- Additional Features
- Additional features include HUD for real time information, Clip Guide on-screen color chart, H / V-line field delay, pixel data analysis (IRE the color charts), Guides (4:3 & 16:9 framing safe area), and Check Field (blue, green, red, monochrome)