The LRM 2200SI 7x25 Rangefinder Monocular from Newcon Optik is a handheld electro-optical device built for measuring distances up to 2200 meters away. A three channel rangefinder system (fully multicoated optic, infrared laser emitter, pulse wave receiver) produces readings that are accurate to within one meter. This rangefinder utilizes an eye-safe Class 1 IR laser, proprietary circuitry, and an in-view LCD to deliver reliable and user-friendly operation.
In addition to the laser rangefinder, the LRM 2200SI also uses a built-in digital compass and inclinometer to calculate useful data about your target, including direction, elevation, and actual distance. Several measurement modes enable the operator to set the function best for their task, allowing for a single data measurement (linear distance, elevation, direction, speed) or integrated calculations from multiple data sources (actual distance, actual speed). Using Gating Mode, the operator can also use this versatile rangefinder to reject measurements below a user-defined threshold. By ignoring objects that can lead to incorrect measurements, Gating Mode helps the operator pinpoint their target when it is set among several other objects within the visual scene.
The LRM 2200SI includes a speed detection feature that is especially useful for border patrol and surveillance applications. The speed detector is activated with the same interface button as the rangefinder and displays the target's speed alongside the distance measurement in the display overlay. Two selectable reticle options, measurement memory recall, and target measurement reliability indicator also equip the LRM 2200SI with features unique to a consumer-level laser rangefinder.
A rubber armored housing and oversized interface buttons provides the LRM 2200SI with a non-slip grip that will come in handy while wearing gloves or when conditions are cold or wet. Further enhancing the construction features, this rangefinder is water-resistant and built to operate in freezing temperatures. Fully multicoated optics, built-in tripod mounting thread, and a battery-saving auto-off function make the LRM 2200SI a full-featured rangefinder for a wide range of recreational activities.
- Optical Performance
- 7x magnification, 25mm objective
- Fully multicoated optics
- Eye-safe 905nm Class 1 infrared laser
- Three channel rangefinder system
- 11-2406 yd (10-2200m) range with ±3.3 ft (1m) accuracy
- 3-249 mph (5-400 km/h) speed detector with ±1.24 mph (2 km/h) accuracy
- 1.1 yd (1m) measurement resolution, 0.5 sec estimated measurement time
- 8° field of view, 56° apparent viewing angle
- ±4 diopter adjustment range
- Use and Handling
- Compass with 360° range and ±2° accuracy
- Inclinometer with 80° range and ±1° accuracy
- First/Last logic for foreground/background target selection
- Gating mode for setting the minimum target range
- 10 measurement memory recall
- Selectable crosshair/square reticle
- Measurement reliability indicators (Low/Med/High)
- In-view LCD display with overlaid system icons
- Scan mode for continuous measurement
- Measurement display in yards/meters, mph/kmh
- Low-battery indicator
- Single 9V battery operation
- 1/4" tripod mounting thread
- Construction Features
- Water-resistant housing with rubber armoring
- -13 to 122°F (-25 to 50°C) operating temperature
- 5x5x2.4" (13x12.5x6 cm) dimensions
- 15.7 oz (445 g) weight