The CX240-BK-CN 24.1" Widescreen LED Backlit IPS Monitor from EIZO is a monitor that uses in-plane switching technology to produce a full HD maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 with a 16:9 aspect ratio. This monitor is designed with the graphics arts enthusiast in mind as it supports a wide color gamut and uniform brightness.
The CX240-BK-CN is a versatile monitor capable of handling a variety of tasks with wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles allowing you to view the display from a variety of angles with little change in the contrast or color. Along with enhanced viewing angles, the reduced response time of 7.7ms reduces lag and blur for fast moving movies, video, and game play.
Connect the CX240-BK-CN to a variety of devices such as computers, game consoles, Blu-ray disc players, and cameras through the integrated HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort inputs. You also benefit from two USB upstream ports, and two USB downstream ports.
Stable Image Display Free from Environmental Influence
- EIZO-Developed ASIC at the Core
- All ColorEdge models come with an ASIC (application specific integrated circuit) developed by EIZO to meet the needs of the graphics market. The ASIC has its own algorithms used in high-precision color processing to produce smooth color tones.
- Color That's Ready When You Are
- From the time it is turned on it typically takes 30 minutes or longer for a monitor's brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics to stabilize. EIZO has shortened this warm-up time by more than 75% to a mere 7 minutes. For confirming your work in a photo studio or taking your monitor with you on location, you can get to work right away.
- Brightness and Color Uniformity with DUE
- Fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity on different parts of the screen are a common trait of LCD monitors. EIZO's patented digital uniformity equalizer (DUE) technology compensates for these fluctuations to produce a more uniform image across the screen. And now DUE also counterbalances the influences that a fluctuating ambient temperature may have on color temperature and brightness to ensure stable image display.
Predictable Color You Can Depend On
- Individually Adjusted at the Factory
- The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory. This is accomplished by measuring the R, G, and B gamma values from 0 - 255, then using the monitor's 16-bit look-up table (LUT) to select the 256 most appropriate tones to achieve the desired value.
- Reproduces Almost the Entire Adobe RGB Color Space
- A wide color gamut reproduces 97% of the Adobe RGB color space so images shot in RAW can be converted to Adobe RGB or images shot in Adobe RGB will be displayed correctly. The colors seen in photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests will be reproduced faithfully in a way that cannot be done on monitors with an sRGB color space. The wide color gamut also ensures that the monitor reproduces almost the entire ISO-coated and US web-coated CMYK color spaces used in printing.
- 10-Bit Simultaneous Display
- Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display from a 16-bit look-up table which means it can show more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with 8-bit display which results in even smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors.
- Excellent Dark Tone Display in the Dark
- When viewing the screen from an angle in a dimly lit room, dark tones typically appear washed out due to the display characteristics of LCD backlights. The monitor has a high contrast ratio which allows the dark tones to retain their depth.
- I/P Conversion
- The HDMI input supports I/P (interlace/progressive) conversion for converting the interlace signals from TV and video into progressive signals for flicker-free display.
Comfort and Convenience
- Multiple Inputs
- DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-I inputs are included for connecting to various types of graphics boards, The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras. Two USB upstream ports allow two computers to be connected at once so it's not necessary to reconnect the USB cable when using the ColorNavigator software and switching between the two computers.
- Smooth Display of Video
- For video editing or post production work, an overdrive circuit is included to reduce gray-to-gray response time to 7.7 ms and ensure that moving images look clean and sharp with a minimum of ghosting.
- Adjustable Stand
- Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle for you and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments as well as portrait mode display.
- Preset Modes for Optimum Viewing
- 7 preset modes are included: Paper, Adobe RGB, sRGB, Calibration, and three user-adjustable modes. With the bundled ScreenManager for Pro (compatible with Windows OS only), you can assign a mode to an application so that mode will automatically become active when you call up an application.