The Samsung WB250F Smart Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot with a 14.2MP Back Side Illuminated CMOS image sensor. It's equipped with a 3.0" TFT LCD screen with 460K pixels. The 18x optical zoom wide-angle lens lets you get closer to your subject while fitting more in the frame. It has an effective focal length of 4.0-72mm (35mm equivalent: 24-432mm). Capture Full HD 1080p video at 30fps. Benefit from full Manual mode with Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority for complete creative control.
The camera's CMOS sensor helps capture clear, detailed images in low light, even without a flash. For the times when you do need it, though, the camera features a built-in pop-up flash. Smart Mode gives you various special shooting modes from which to choose for different situations, helping to ensure the best shots in all conditions.
Smart Camera features include Wi-Fi, email, and a dedicated Direct LINK hot key to help you quickly connect to Wi-Fi networks. Download the Samsung Smart Camera App to get Mobile Link, Remote Viewfinder and AutoShare, rather than downloading each individually. Instead of launching the apps one at a time on your smartphone, you can open all three simultaneously with the touch of a finger.
Mobile Link lets you select and send an image or album directly to an Android smartphone, iPhone or tablet; you need not even send the image as a text message or as an email. Make updates to the album on your phone and the changes will be saved to your camera, too.
The Remote Viewfinder function enables you to control your camera by using your smartphone as the viewfinder (available for select smartphones). You can preview images, adjust camera settings, zoom in and out and frame each scene. AutoShare allows you to simultaneously send every picture you take to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi. Just set it up once and the camera saves it as the default setting. AutoShare also GPS tags your photos with your smartphone.
MS Skydrive provides access to the cloud for file sharing and storage. Upload your photos and videos to Facebook, Picasa and YouTube, and enjoy easy wireless transfers of photos and videos to your PC or Mac with Auto Backup. Also enjoy AllShare Play, which lets you connect to all devices that support it. Wirelessly stream photos and videos from your camera to nearby devices to share with friends and family at once, or simply upload to web storage instantly for easy management.
- 14.2MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- Capture properly exposed images in low-light situations with the 14-megapixel BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor, which needs less light than conventional sensors. The camera also uses Low Light Shot to automatically select the best setting and merge three continuous shots into one, clear photo
- 3.0" hVGA Hybrid Touch User Interface
- The Hybrid Touch User Interface offers two options. The first is to use the 5-way button to quickly move the cursor up, down, left and right to intuitively navigate the menu and make selections on the display. The second is used when you want to enter text, such as an email address, for when you're sharing photos. For this option, simply input the characters on the touch screen, much as you would on a smartphone
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Capture 1920x1080 Full HD video with life-like color and sharp detail. Shoot longer, too--the camera's H.264 format allows longer recording than a camera with MJPEG video does. When you're done, you can watch your HD footage on an HDTV
- Smart Mode
- A quick tap of Smart Mode and you're set with various special modes. Capture trails of light at night on a busy intersection full of red taillights, or instantly capture a high-speed scene with Sports Capture. Rich Tone creates surrealistic photos with colors that pop and show artistic expression
- Manual Focus and Autofocus
- Focus manually or use the TTL autofocus, with the following modes: Center AF, Multi AF, Tracking AF, Face Detection AF, Face Recognition AF, Selection AF
- Full Manual Mode (A/S/M)
- Allows you full creative control. Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority settings let you experiment with shutter speeds and depth of field in different situations, e.g., when you're shooting fast-moving images in low light
- Best Face
- Use this feature to travel back in time after you've taken a picture to replace faces with the perfect moment that was missed the first time around. Open closed eyes, replace a smile, or find an expression you prefer more than the one captured in the image. Fast burst shots and facial recognition allow you to simply tap a face that's looking the other way, and tap again to replace it with expressions taken moments before the actual shot
- Motion Photo
- Freezes the action around a moving subject to create a high-impact effect. Simply shoot the footage, and then rub the area on the display where you want to keep the movement. The photo around it will freeze
- For video editing, the camera has the following functions: Pause during recording and playing, Still Image Capture, and Time Trimming. For still images, it has Smart Filter, Resize, Rotate, Trimming, and Image Adjust. Options for Image Adjust: Off, Red-eye Fix, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Add Noise
- Smart Filter
- For movies, benefit from the following options: Palette Effect 1, Palette Effect 2, Palette Effect 3, Palette Effect 4, Miniature, Vignetting, Half Tone Dot, Sketch, Fish Eye, Classic, Retro. For still photos: Miniature, Vignetting, Ink Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoonize, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish Eye, Old Film, Half Tone Dot, Classic, Retro, Zooming Shot
- Smart Movie
- Select Landscape, Blue Sky, Natural Green, or Sunset
- Soft+, Soft, Normal, Vivid, Vivid+
- File Formats
- JPEG (DCF), EXIF 2.21, DPOF 1.1, PictBridge 1.0 for still images; MP4 (MPEG4-AVC/H.264) for videos; AAC for sound
- Single image, Thumbnails, Advanced Slide Show, Movie Clip, Smart Album
- Date Imprinting
- Date and Time, Date, Off (user selectable)
- System Requirements
Windows: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or greater or AMD Athlon FX 2.6 GHz or greater
Windows XP SP2, Vista, or 7
250MB or more hard-disk capacity (over 1GB recommended)
512MB RAM (over 1GB recommended)
nVIDIA Geforce 7600GT or greater or ATI X1600 series or greater GPU
1024×768 resolution, 16-bit color display compatible monitor (1280×1024 resolution, 32-bit color display recommended)
DirectX 9.0c or above
Mac: Power Mac G3 or greater
Mac OS 10.4 or later
110MB or more hard-disk capacity
Minimum 256MB RAM